Shipping Costs from China

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi

I'm new to shopfy and can't wait to get started!  Can anyone help with this:-

I'm going to be selling items to USA and UK customers that are supplied from dropshippers in China.

Question 1: How do I work out what the shipping costs should be in advance
Question 2: What's the best shipping calculator app to upload to the store

Many thanks in advance for your help guys.

Andrew

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
239 9 49

Hi, Andrew. 
My name is Morgan, I'm part of the Social Media team here at Shopify. 

Great questions! In terms of drop shipping and charging shipping to your customers, it may depend on how you are dropshipping and through which fulfilment service.

However, in most cases, such as Aliexpres, Oberlo, Prinful ect. the shipping will either be free or charged to you when you complete the order with your supplier. Meaning, merchants will usually choose a basic price based rate to cover any costs to them. ie. your customers could all pay $6 shipping for all but free shipping over $80.  (as an example)

Do note though, that shipping is usually included in the price if you are using Oberlo, so offering that free shipping to your customers may help with conversions! 

If you do end up going with a shipping charge you won't necessarily need an app or carrier calculated rates enabled, as your address is not accurate with the address the products are being shipped from, thus creating inaccurate shipping estimates anyways. This is why if you do decide to charge shipping I recommend just a flat rate for all customers. 

Here's also a guide that goes over how to create flat rates once you are ready to implement these into your store! 

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any follow up questions at all. 

Cheers,
Morgan F 

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

hi Morgan

Nice to talk with you here and thanks for your reply/guidance on this and for sharing the link... it's really appreciated :)

I have a follow up question:-

Based on what you explained its likely that offering free shipping over a certain order value is the way ahead for my particular shopify store.

With this in mind and if the main shopping is from China via Oberlo using E-Shipper,l (products under 4lbs) to USA....what average shipping cost do you suggest I budget for?

thanks again

Andrew

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
239 9 49

Hi, Andrew. 

Each products shipping will be determined by the supplier of the product, so it's hard to give an estimate. However, in saying this, you will be able to see the shipping prices before importing products into your shop. -So no surprises! 

When browsing Oberlo and Aliexpress there will be a dropdown for shipping options. If no price is showing beside the shipping name, usually it is free. Any expedited or faster shipping will show an additional cost. 

Do keep in mind, shipping may be free but it could take 20-30 days to deliver. This is why we recommend using E-packet as this is the fastest option for customers within reasonable price. E-packet shipping shouldn't run you more than a few dollars to ship to North America, if anything.  Again, double check each product when importing them to your store though!

All the best, ?
Morgan 

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
150 8 35

In Oberlo, I've seen certain products have no supplier name and no shipping estimate(s) concurrently (I presume the supplier hasn't set the estimate(s) yet, or there's a data problem).  So not every product that doesn't have an estimate(s) means free shipping.  It usually says free shipping, correct.

0 Likes
Highlighted
15 0 0

SHIPPING CALCULATOR from China to worldwild

https://www.dshipchina.com/shippingcost.html 
SHIPPING RATE:
https://www.dshipchina.com/shippingrate.html 

screenshot

QQ图片20190528120416.png

0 Likes