Shipping Discount Code

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi! I'm looking for a way to offer a discount code on the actual shipping itself. For example, if my shipping price is $9.99, I'd like to be able to offer my customer a coupon for 20% off of that shipping or even a flat $2 credit. I'm using the free + shipping model so I can't offer a discount on the actual product. I thought maybe a gift card would work for this purpose but it's not worth upgrading to the $79 plan yet. I really appreciate any input! Apologies if this has been answered before but I couldn't find an answer. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 79

Hi, Dylan.

This is Max from the Shopify Guru Team.

Creating a discount code on a free item only will not allow your discount code to work. It might be worth promoting a limited time discount on shipping (perhaps change your free item shipping rates to $7.99) and promote this discount with a promotional banner or image. 

Alternatively, you could create a discount for a dollar amount (or percentage) and send that to customers after they've made their purchase. A generic discount code could be added to the order confirmation email, or you could send out a custom one in a message manually. 

Let us know if you need a hand with anything else along the way, hopefully, this helps point you to a possible solution. 

Cheers, 
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

its pretty absurd how shopify doesnt have a simple feature like shipping discount codes 

0 Likes