Shipping Discount

Highlighted
1 0 0

I wanted to offer my customers a 50% off shipping to drive some sales.  I ship perishable products and so my shipping is complicated and using free shipping or fixed price shipping doesn't work well.  Is there not a way to apply a discount code to shipping?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1653 100 361

Hey, Jon. 

Peter here from Shopify Support. 

When it comes to discounts, you're able to set a fixed amount/percentage off the total cost of the order or provide a "free shipping" discount, however, it's not yet possible to provide a percentage off the shipping rate. May I ask why you'd prefer to offer a discount on the shipping rate over the carts total value? With that information in hand, I can ensure your feedback is sent up to our developers so they can look into getting this added in a future update. 

All the best, 

Peter
Shopify Support

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
97 0 14

Hi Jon,

How are you calulating the shipping costs? Instead of a coupon or something, could you just cut your shipping charges in half for the period of time you want to do the promotion?

Todd

ShopClerk Order Tracking for Shopify

Todd - ShopClerk Order Tracking for Shopify - https://shopclerk.net
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi all I'd like to be able to offer exiting  customers a discount  on shipping. We're  UK based and we have a  hunch  that a  lot of abandoning customers are leaving because of  shipping prices. So a 10% discount on the  shipping might  have a huge effect for us. Shipping costs are I think one of the big thing that can turn off a customer. However I  don't want to offer free shipping

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1653 100 361

@modiphius 

I'm afraid applying a discount to the shipping rate would not yet be possible due to limitations of how we have the discounts area setup. Are your shipping costs on the higher side? Are there ways you can incorporate the cost of shipping into the cost of the item so you can display lower shipping rates to test your theory?

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

@Peter wrote:

@modiphius 

I'm afraid applying a discount to the shipping rate would not yet be possible due to limitations of how we have the discounts area setup. Are your shipping costs on the higher side? Are there ways you can incorporate the cost of shipping into the cost of the item so you can display lower shipping rates to test your theory?

Personally I find the way the discounts are configured too limiting.  I too need to be able to offer a shipping discount, I sell bulky items that have to be shipped courier, I also sell very small low value items that can be shipped normal post, therefore building the shipping cost into the value of the product is a no no.  Better still, I would also like you to fix the code that stops shipping rates being added together.   Despite setting up shipping profiles for the bulky items, if buying items for the general shipping profile along with item(s) from the bulky items profile, both shipping rates are added together!  Surely you can work out a code that would fix this issue.
Hoping to receive a positive response 

0 Likes