Shipping - Flat fee and Based on Item Weight (adding them Wrong)

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
16 1 10

I have a client that we are trying to set these shipping rates up for they are a Fish Store that sells fish and they would like to start to sell T-Shirts from a Drop Shipper

So we have set it up this way

General Shipping Profile - ALL our there products do not have weight on them as it impossible to get weight on each product and the volume of water or the fish or coral. 

Free Local Pickup $0.00

Fedex 5lbs Box (MB) $50

Fedex 5lbs Box (SASK) $80

Fedex 5lbs Box (ONT) $100

So if a client goes and buys a FISH or a coral they need to click what shipping rate they wish to pick when they check out based on the Above.

This works correclty

fish .jpg

Now I'm need to add in my DROP SHIPPER for T-Shirt- So we need to set these up by Weight

I have made up a new Profile for these PRODUCTS

For Manitoba Province

Mail 0oz–3.5oz $3.16
Mail 3.6oz–5.6oz $5.16
Mail Insured 0oz–27oz $10.00

So Now if they go and buy a T-Shirt ONLY - they will see 
 - Mail Insured 0oz–27oz $10.00
- Mail 0oz–3.5oz $3.16

So it works as it suppose to
tshirt shipping.jpg

2. But now if they choose a FISH and a T-Shirt on the same order it will charge shipping to be ONLY $3.16
- As it gives them the FREE SHIPPING from the General shipping profile and then the Cheapest Shirt Rate
combined shipping bad.jpg

3. We are looking for this
 - the customer still needs to Select the Province they are in for the General Shipping Profile as we don't know what province they need to send to (unless we can program this in for each province?)
- and have the ability for the customer to select if they want Mail or Insured Mail for the T-Shirt 
 - then it will add the 2 shipping rates 
FISH PRODUCT

Free Local Pickup $0.00

Fedex 5lbs Box (MB) $50

Fedex 5lbs Box (SASK) $80

Fedex 5lbs Box (ONT) $100

T-SHIRT
Mail 3.6oz–5.6oz $5.16
Mail Insured 0oz–27oz $10.00
Mail 0oz–3.5oz $3.16

So if these 2 are selected I would pay $50 as of now its telling me its only $3.16.

Any IDEAs? 

Sorry for any confusion just need a way for a customer to select 2 different shipping rates and add them 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
153 6 15

Hellio @LighthouseWeb ,

We can provide a solution - lets jump on a call to go over the details so we get it right. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey there,

The reason you're experiencing this is because Shopify's shipping profils have basic blending - they add your rates together based on name. For a lot of merchants, this works! But for others like your client who have a bit more of a "complex use case" (local pick up for one profile, but shipping for another), it simply can't do what you need it to do. 

One option is to not offer free pickup and only have paid shipping options. If your client has customers who do take advantage of local pickup, I wouldn't recommend this since it'll be bad for business. 

Your other option is to use a third-party rating app. Intuitive Shipping can easily handle this type of setup and you can even add a custom shipping description (it shows up under the rate at checkout) that notes 'Some items in this order will ship separately' so that when they get their first package they aren't wondering if your client forgot to send the rest of the order (this happens lol).

We're free to install and once activated, you have 14 days of a live trial to make sure it works with your client's store. We offer phone, live chat, and email support, so please reach out if you have any questions - we're always happy to help :)

Warm regards,

Sharon 

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping
Execute a strategic approach to shipping | Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
50 0 3

With ShipperHQ, you can manage shipping rates from multiple warehouses or dropship vendors. You can automate which origin certain products are shipped from, based on the fewest number of origins, origin nearest to a customer or zone restrictions for a given location. 

You can also specify where a product is located, such as making all products available via all warehouses or only certain ones. The list goes on and on. You can read more about it on our blog here about multi-location shipping. 

The best way to figure out your shipping strategy is by connecting with our sales team. They would be happy to discuss further and have experience working with thousands of different retailers big or small. You can also sign up for a free 30-day trial and see how ShipperHQ works for yourself.

0 Likes