Shipping Freight Options

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello All,

I'm working on behalf of my client who has a few items that need to be shipped via FedEx Freight due to weight restrictions. I was curious if anyone here has found a working solution for this problem. I've scoured the Internet in search of a solution but all potential solutions have seemingly failed me.

It should be noted that I'm testing UPS and FedEx shipping rates based on weight. And creating a custom rate via weight probably wouldn't work as multiple products can equal the weight of a freight-required product.

My most recent attempt was installing the "Better Shipping App". This only allows for flat rates to be applied and doesn't seem to calculate multiple items and overrides UPS/FedEx shipping rates.

Any help or insight would be met with a heaping amount of appreciation!

Thank you in advanced!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Mark, 

I've been facing the same issue. If you don't mind processing the freight charges _after_ the order is made, you can use netParcel app that is available in the Shopify store. 
I actually contacted netParcel and they plan on integrating their shipping/freight app right into Shopify in the upcoming weeks so you should be able to get the shipping/freight quotes _before_ the order is made.

I realize this is not really an answer... but so far, that's the best option I have found.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello,  I am currently in the beginning states with Shopify.  My biggest concern is real time shipping as I make upholstered furniture.  All of my pieces are different in size and weight.  I have been in contact with Netparcel and I have found them very helpful.  You actually go to their website and key in your items via sku including your normal info weight, size.  You can also add if it will be residential, need of a lift gate etc thinking of all the extras that come up using LTL.  In addition what I love is you can add a percentage to all quotes to cover packaging etc.  

Now I have not used it yet for my ecommerce site but I have used them for our wholesale shipping.  The real time shipping module is included in their higher package.  The guy I have been speaking with is Rizwan  647-998-8858.  I realize your post was 2 months ago but maybe this helps.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

Since freight is categorised as any product that has a weight more than 150 lbs, the carriers have a separate API using which you can query for freight rates. The Multi Carrier Shipping label app can be used to fetch UPS Freight rates. These rates are applicable more one of many items in the cart. Weight threshold can be put for packaging, or box packaging can be done or packing based on items can be done using the app. 

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
461 7 39

To handle freight shipping with FedEx, you can use the FedEx rates, labels & tracking app. FedEx has a separate API to handle the freight, which can be handled using the app. The app helps you automate the FedEx freight shipping by calculating the rates based on the weight and dimensions of the product, print FedEx freight labels and also handle FedEx freight tracking.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes