Shipping International Question!!!

Highlighted
5 0 0

I recently started a Shopify Store. We are currently fulfilling all of our orders ourselves from the US. We are getting a lot of traffic from Australia (many add to carts), but no checkouts. I recently found out that the shipping to Australia from US is about $40.85 (our product is 1 lb, 15 oz and is going for $29.99 on our store, which would explain why people are adding to cart but not paying). Does anybody have any advice on how we could make our shipping cheaper? I feel like $40.85 is outrageous, even for international shipping. The cheapest international shipping option we have found is USPS First Class Package International.

PLEASE HELP!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 1 2

Not sure the product you are selling , but those rates seems very high. Could be the size of the box and the dimensional weight is very high. For example a 12'x12'x8' box would ship as 9 pounds

Checkout FlavorCloud in the Shopify app store , very low international shipping rates and the ability to ship DDP , so customers can pay duties and taxes and checkout , much better customer experience and faster customs clearance time 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 4

Sorry to hijack this post, but I can't seem to start a new discussion! This is a similar question that I have. I have calculated rates turned on for Canada Post and when I get the odd order from the US or International, the rate the customer pays is about double what it actually turns out to be! Even though I have weights input for all items. I don't want to offer a flat rate, but I would like the rate to show up a bit cheaper for customers. I think this would help to increase my sales from international countries. Can anyone weigh in on this (he he). thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
24 0 11

Hello @Carol_Austin did you get your shipping issue sorted out? We have also just started using Shopify Shipping to calculate Canada Post rates, and it's working quite well for us. The biggest issue for my store is that there is only room for one default package size. Because of this, sometimes the small items get inflated shipping charges. I would recommend that you check your default size and make sure that it's the best reflection of your most often-shipped items, and if possible keep it close to CP's standard package measurements. (Meaning that one of the measurements isn't a big discrepancy from the other two, like a package that is narrow and flat, but really long.) It took us a while to get everything working properly, but now our shipping rates work out to within a few dollars of a manually entered CP price quote.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 4

thanks so much for this info! nope i didn't get any help on this, but this is brilliant! I never thought about the default package as having an effect on the calculation. I've changed that now so will see how it goes. thanks again!

0 Likes