Shipping Internationally From Canada - Offering Free Shipping

Highlighted
2 0 0

Is Canada Post the only viable option?

My store offers Free Worldwide Shipping and I use the Canada Post integration app. I ship from Vancouver BC to worldwide, typically as a Tracked International packet. Small International packet runs approx $10, however if you need a tracking number (which is a must), the price jumps up to approx $50 or even $70, with my latest shipment to India.

My packet size is pretty small and light (watch plus box).

Any advice or alternative suggestions would be recived with open arms!!

Liam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
6 0 0

Hey Liam,

My name is Shea and I work here at Shopify.

I've actually come across this issue a few times with some merchants that were looking for a good shipping solution from Canada. I ended up stumbling across a company called Secureship who actually has a built-in integration with Shopify that you can read more about here.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Shea

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Im interested in offering free shipping up to $15CAD to get around the same problem Liam has, so I was interested in your answer.  The Secureship app doesn't purport to calculate shipping costs in real time, but its integration app, Sendly, apparently does. Trying it out...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

I believe Canada Post is the only viable option. You were using Sendly right? Would it be possible to share your experience on that? Also, yes, tracking is a big problem as the shipping cost suddenly jumps up with it. I have a few suggestions. At first you can find a pattern of the number of sales you are getting and from which country. Once you understand that, then you can reduce the cost of shipping to high demand countries and increase the cost of low demand countries. In addition, you can also adjust the product price and include some amounts to help look shipping decent. Do share your experiences?

Also, another option is to use your own Canada Post account, ship more and more and then get huge discounted rates. Using this account you can use the Multi Carrier Shipping label app to get negotiated rates. 

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes