Shipping Issues

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there,

I've started my store recently, i'm dropshipping with Oberlo 

Later I made a test buy but while checking out, the options were not the same as shown in oberlo and they are way faster and cost way more then my dropshippers method

What can I do to link product shipping info from my supplier directly in my store? I don want costumer to be upset because item took 4week instead of 7day

Thank yoi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
93 1 9

Hey there Joël,

This is Alex from Shopify Guru team, happy to assist you today!

At this time, the Oberlo app does not pass along the delivery estimates from Aliexpress.  The shipping rates will need to be entered manually based on the weight or price of the order (see their help page here and our guide to creating your shipping rates here).

Since AliExpress suppliers tend to offer ePackets which are free but with longer shipping times, you can change your rates to reflect the timeframe when entering the name of the delivery method, for example (20-30 days) right after the title of the shipping rate and it will display during the checkout so your customers have an idea on the delivery times. 

The additional rates you are noticing in your checkout are most likely due to the real-time shipping rates enabled in your Shipping settings. I would recommend removing this option since the delivery days are pulled directly from USPS, UPS , or FEDEX and it will be using your Origin shipping address (not the company shipping the products) so those shipping rates will be inaccurate and they will most likely use another carrier service. 

To remove the real-time shipping rates, go to your Shopify Admin > Settings > Shipping, click "edit" next to the shipping zone, under the "Carrier-calculated rates", click the "x" to delete the carrier, and click "Save".

Best regards,

Alex | Customer Success Guru | Shopify

Alex | Customer Success Guru | Shopify
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Not all Oberlo products are shipped via ePacket (12-20 days) for free. Sometimes a vendor will charge for ePacket, or maybe they will offer a free shipping method that is slower (18-35 days). What's the best way to handle shipping costs in those situations?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 14

For such cases, you can get a customisation done from Shopify experts and get a rule created such that based on the delivery estimate the cost can be setup. This was just a suggestion though. Another alternative can be to charge the customer free shipping at the checkout page. However, while fulfilling orders, you can use the Multi Carrier Shipping label app to calculate the shipping cost for the carrier and then use the appropriate service to generate labels.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes