Shipping Options For Website Store?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi everyone.  I am on the free trial and am thinking about using shopify for my own website store.  I'm trying to put the shipping info in the settings.  I have different packages that I use depending on the item, and they are all at discounted flat rates.  First Class for items under a pound, Priority Mail in the medium box, Priority Mail in the large box.  How do I do these in the shipping settings section?  Is this possible?  Thank you. 

www.classicalcara.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
90 0 18

Hey, there! 

Alicia here, from the Shopify Guru team!

You can absolutely set up multiple packaging options for your shipping needs! The way you will want to go about this is to make use of an app that will allow you to set advanced shipping requirements. A couple of options that you can check out are Advanced Shipping Rules and Bespoke Shipping. Both options offer a 7-day free trial so that you can test them out and see which one works best for you! When working with apps that allow for extra shipping features there is usually a requirement of Carrier Calculated Shipping on your Shopify account, so that is something that you should bear in mind. This is just because in order to alter shipping rates as they are offered, the app itself needs the feature of Carrier Calculated Shipping to be able to manipulate those rates for you and offer your customers the most accurate shipping costs with packaging included. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions at all, I would be more than happy to help in any way that I can! 

All the best,

Alicia D. | Shopify Guru

support@shopify.com 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you for your help.  But I wanted something that's free.  I am going to use mals shopping cart and shopify just to process credit card payments.  I can set up shipping the way I want it in mals. 

www.classicalcara.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
461 7 39

I hope you would have found a solution. So, I'm answering this for the benefit of others with a similar query. 

I would suggest you try the apps mentioned here and also look into the Multi Carrier Shipping Label app, that would help you automate the packaging process based on the product weight & dimensions. You can also add custom boxes based on the product and the app automatically chooses the right box based on the customer input.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes