Shipping Options - change order they are displayed

Tourist
3 0 2

I have several shipping options. Two are pick-up (free at different locations) and others are pay (USPS). The free options always appear by default when a purchase is made and customers aren't paying attention and leaving it free. Is there a way to change the order of my shipping options? Can I put free at the bottom?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
839 46 141

Hey, @carolinathreadz!

By default, the checkout system will select the cheapest shipping option available. At this time, there wouldn't be a way to alter how the shipping rates appear; however; this makes for a great feature request! I've gone ahead and created a feature request on your behalf, so our teams are aware that this is a wanted feature. Hopefully, this will be something we can launch in the future to better assist the needs of your business. 

In the meantime, how do you currently have the rates titled? Are you using an app for the free in-store pick-up options?

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 2

Peter,

Thanks for the fast reply.  After I posted that message...I found several other topics on here where Shopify customers are having the same issue.  We have been told for what looks like YEARS that a feature request has been submitted.   Has it really been submitted and if so, what is taking so long?  It really is a simple request.

Thanks for your support.

Steve

1 Like
Tourist
10 0 3

Hello Peter

I am curious to know how many other users have been told in the past that this feature has been added. Its a nice way to make us feel special which I appreciate but surely it cannot be so difficult to allow us to choose which shipping options is selected by default? I too offer self-collection as an option but as its free Shopify selects it by default. It is getting to a point where I am considering removing this option as so many people make the error of leaving it and then confirming their order without accepting/paying for delivery fees. The implication of this is that we need to contact every customer who selects this option in order to make certain that was not a mistake and that they are indeed coming to collect their package.

Please, please, please can you guys seriously give this some attention. Its a problem that has been carrying on for years and I cannot understand why it goes unaddressed.

Thank you, Terry

3 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
839 46 141

@Terry_Erasmus , @carolinathreadz 

Thank you for providing specific details on how this affects your business directly. I can fully appreciate how it would be frustrating not to see these features added to the platform, especially given that older threads are requesting similar features. I can assure you that your feedback has been sent over to our Products team for further review.

As you can imagine, we receive hundreds of feature requests from our store owners, which our Product teams review daily. Our teams are working hard on making changes that will impact store owners to help build them for success; however; these things can take time. What may seem like a simple change, does typically require a lot of hours, testing, and trial and error before a finished product/feature is released. As we grow, so do our teams, so while previous years it may have taken longer for features to be created, we are now seeing new features launched more quickly. 

I hope that helps provide a bit of insight into the "why," however; I know that it doesn't solve the issue at hand. While the information I'm able to provide is limited, I can say that this specific feature request is in consideration. Should our teams be able to make this a reality, we'll update our Changelog to make everyone aware. 

0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 3
Thanks for your reply Peter. I can certainly appreciate that Shopify must
receive plenty of feature requests and for each person requesting them they
are the most important. I am encouraged to hear that this feature is being
looked at, finally, although of course there is no commitment regards when
or even "if" it will be available. I was just recently very disappointed to
read recent announcements regarding coming features where some of the
features seemed so "so what" with many people aside from myself complaining
about Shopify not getting some of the basics right yet and or at least
listening to its customers with the requests which are important to us. Its
hard to be everything for all people, but has Shopify ever considered
sending a survey out to customers asking them to vote on certain proposed
features (perhaps a short list of the top 20 that customers have requested)
to see what the response is and then being led based on those results. Of
course Shopify has its own agenda but a transparent process like that might
go a long way in customer relations I think.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
839 46 141

@Terry_Erasmus 

I'm not entirely sure why certain features are picked over the others, however; I do know that we have a "Voice of The Merchant" survey which we run throughout the year to obtain feedback from store owners so we can understand where the pain points are. That feedback is provided to multiple teams so we can work toward improving our platform in future updates. That said, no process is ever perfect, and there's always room for improvements. I don't think we send a survey out for feature requests specifically, but this is something I can put on the radar of our leadership team so they can look into getting this setup. 

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 9

Hello Peter,

Can you please confirm the status of that feature request made 6 months ago? I also need it for my store. I am having the same problem as Carolina, customers aren't paying attention and leave it in-store pickup while they live far away...

5 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
839 46 141

@Nicolas-Pastry 

Thank you for letting me know this is a feature you'd like to see added to the platform. I've added your vote to the existing feature request, so our teams know there is further interest in getting this developed. I'm afraid I'm unable to provide any further insight or context beyond your feedback has been shared internally with our product team for discussion/review.

0 Likes
1 0 1
Just wanted to add that we are also having the same problem listed here and would love to be able to put out collection options at the bottom of our delivery choices or choose one as the default. Thanks!
1 Like