Shipping Options - change order they are displayed

Tourist
3 0 2

We have just switched to shopify (because we had been told how good it was) and are having the same problem as so many others.  The pickup option often shows up without the other shipping options and customers are getting confused and choosing pickup even though they live in another state.

This is very frustrating and causes a lot of additional work chasing up customers for postage costs, it also makes the customers very unhappy

which reflects badly on our business.

This needs to be fixed.

2 Likes
2 0 2

I'm having the exact same problem.  Looks like other folks have been begging for this option for at least 5 years.   Such an easy fix.  Looks like Shopify has no interest in changing it.

2 Likes
Tourist
3 0 9
Exactly it appears to be an easy fix but no interest in changing it from Shopify....
0 Likes
2 0 2

I've come up with a solution.  

I changed the Local Pickup option cost from Free to $100.00 and changed the "rate name" information to tell my local customers to ignore the $100 price.  This will list the cheapest shipping option first.

So, previously my site said at check out:

• FREE LOCAL PICKUP ONLY - BETHESDA MARYLAND (Call 301-951-9000 to schedule pick up time)    Free
  • USPS Standard Shipping                                                                                                                                    $5.95

Now it says:

• USPS Standard Shipping                                                                                                                                                                                          $5.95
  • FREE LOCAL PICKUP ONLY - BETHESDA MARYLAND (Call 301-951-9000 to schedule pick up time - ignore the $100 price)                $100.00

It's not as good as Shopify modifiying the software, but it at least keeps my Non Local buyers from choosing the wrong shipping option because it defaults to the cheapest option.

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 2

docbeech,

Thanks for the idea! 

I'm truly embarrassed for Shopify that its customers have to resort to such a bush league fix for this issue that has been ongoing for years.

1 Like
1 0 0

Please add me to the voting process - allowing us to edit the shipping order.  
This should be quite straightforward with simple drag and drop like your Online Store creation is.
thank you

0 Likes
1 0 0

Bump!  This is the exact issue I am having.

0 Likes
1 0 0

We would also like to be added to the vote count please.  We have so many issues with exactly this, where customers don't pay attention to the shipping options and we have to constantly reach out to them to ask if they want shipping when they live in a different state.  It's incredibly time consuming and takes away from other things that could be worked on.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Adding my vote to this as well. If we were able to manually set the order of this feature our customers would be forced to more thoughtfully review the options. We are always having to fix this post checkout and it reflects poorly on our customer experience.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
849 46 147

Hey, everyone. 

Thank you for the increased interested in this feature request. I wanted to chime in here and let you know that your votes have been added.

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like