Shipping Options - change order they are displayed

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3

I'm not sure but I think I may have solved the problem by removing the weight on the 'pick up' option. Is it possible that because there is no weight listed it now doesn't appear first as the cheapest option?  I have had no complaints since I changed it. Would love to know if that solves the issue for others.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

same problem here - it is becoming a bigger issue every day

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

same problem here. this seems like it would be a very simple fix and after 3 PAGES of "me too's" think this should get more attention. We are stuck with either eliminating free local pickup or having to continue to reach out to customers and send them an invoice for shipping when they don't end up picking up their orders. It's a poor customer service experience all around. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

@gemit3dart I tried this and it worked when I added 1kg to the by weight (it put the free shipping pick up in-store at the end) - but then I went to purchase an item on our site and it didn't show up as a ship option.  So I changed to lighter weight and then it put it right back up at the top.  Could you put a point by point example of what you changed?  I would LOVE to have a resolution for our store as well.  Adding my voice to the chorus of please fix this.  We've had to create a Shipping in Canada product that we routinely have to send to customers.  Causing a lot of time suck on my staff and lumpy customer service, delayed shipping and in a few cases grumpy customers that we had to offer free shipping to make happy.  I've tried re-wording and all caps and still, it gets routinely chosen.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I need that option as well

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

+1 for this feature.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
144 7 22

I agree that the ability to sort shipping methods manually would be ideal and would definitely benefit a lot of merchants.  Fingers crossed this is announced at Unite?

One workaround some of our users apply is to capitalize on the words "LOCAL PICKUP" so that it captures the customer's attention during the shipping method step which may help prevent some of the situations where a customer mistakenly selects local pickup without reviewing the default shipping method selection.  You can also restrict the Local Pickup option to a shipping zone that covers the state that your physical store is located within.

Another option, if you're open to using a third-party app, is to apply further restrictions on who gets the see the local pickup option at checkout.  Our app Intuitive Shipping allows you to define conditions to your shipping methods, so you can restrict Local Pickup from appearing unless the customer is within a certain radius of your physical store, or within a certain range of postal/zip codes.  Another feature our users like is the ability to define a custom description for the shipping method that appears below the option the customer sees at checkout.  For example, Pick up at 123 Main St., City, State.  Pickup hours are 9am to 4pm EST.  The custom description is another tool to attract the customer's attention so they don't click next without reading the available shipping methods.  The best strategy would be to use a combination of all three steps above to draw the most attention to the Local Pickup option at checkout, while also restricting which customers it is available to.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Co-Founder / CTO @ Intuitive Shipping
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

Add my name to this as well, please give us the option to change the order of shipping methods.

2 Likes