Shipping Options - change order they are displayed

Highlighted
2 0 0

I guess I didn’t explain myself very well. I wasn’t referring to changing the messages in the shipping method options, but the text language where the subtotal, shipping and total are.

The way it’s set up now when the customer looks at the shipping cost under the subtotal, they just see “Free” and think okay. But if it was changed to “Free pick up” it might make them think, I don’t want to have to pick up.

I know it’s not foolproof, but it’s better than just having just the word “free” before checking out. It’s crazy we go to such lengths for such an easy update.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 10

Unfortunately we tried that as well. It's selected first and apparently people don't read. We had to take it off completely and that was one thing we offered locals that we were really excited about. Seems so silly that Shopify can't rectify this by making the options sortable by the owner. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

I don't believe that Shopify will correct this issue at all. The numerous amount of threads that date back a number of years show this. They will let this continue to be a problem and force stores to pay for apps... Simple fix that has gone unanswered for years but now we have to add yet another monthly cost to doing business on Shopify. 

Not all stores are online only! What does it take to hear your customers and resolve an issue Shopify?!

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

Peter, 

I think it's hilarious / embarrassing that literally PAGES of paying customers are complaining that they cannot get this feature and that there is nothing being done about it. 

I'll add my name to the list -- I would also like to be able to move the options not sorted by price.

As a software developer I'll even give you a base idea of how to do it:

Add a sort order.  If left default, they would be done by price.

VERY easy change that appears to be ignored by Shopify.

I see you have added a feature request --- Have you added one for every person who has posted?  Where can we see this feature request?  Are they sorted by the number of people who've requested?  What about store level?  If we have Plus or Pro or whatever they're called, is there a higher importance placed on those?

Looking forward to your feedback,

Shane Scott

Tatyana Boutique

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 22
Anyone know if squarespace offers this option? Anyone use squarespace? While doing my research a couple years ago I decided on Shopify, but this issue is costing me money and customers. In my mind it truly is an easy fix.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
161 9 53

Other platforms that we have worked with allowed merchants and apps to set a 'sort_order' value to a shipping method.  This is a numeric value that sorts the shipping methods based on the lowest to highest sort_order value.  This means you could set an option such as Pickup In-Store to a high sort_order value (e.g. 999) so that it always appears as the last option in the shipping method list.

+1 hoping Shopify introduces this functionality as we see this request multiple times per week from our users.

Co-Founder / CTO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Please please please please please add this feature. We set up our shop not three days ago and this exact issue has arisen twice already!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

We need this feature too.

Reason:

We have a free pickup at store option.

As this option is free, it is selected by default.

customers just leave it that way an wonder why nothing is delivered.

This disturbs the business of my client. He has to follow up all those "wrong" orders ....

Please add at least a setting for a default shipping method.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 3

Ok. Covid-19 is here and Shopify's absolute laziness to get this simple issue resolved is now needed by 1000s of stores.

GET IT DONE.

Working from home or where ever. This is one of the highest priority fixes for us.

Please announce what time this week (4/2/2020) we will see this upgrade - i hate to use the word upgrade to such a basic need.

3 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 10

I found this app that appears to offer a decent fix for this but it is another $30/mo and require quite a bit of setup. It seems a lot of places are using it that are doing curbside pickups and deliveries. I would rather pay this company $30 than Shopify another $270 a month for this simple fix that they are proving they don't care about the little guy. 

Best local delivery app for Shopify

0 Likes