Shipping Options - change order they are displayed

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3
The problem with this app is that when you get to the end you have to pay Shopify $20/month to allow changes for the free delivery to not show!!! So frustrated.
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 10

oh no! I had no idea, I hadn't went through the process to get that far. :( 

Let's keep posting on this topic to get it pushed up the line! Not sure if that will help or not. 

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 9
We need this, but it never gets fixed.
2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 22

We have been asking for this very simple fix for YEARS.  This particular post is only 8 months old and there have been many additional Shopify customers ask for it.  What is the hold up?  And (Shopify) don't even reply telling me that you will send this message along for further review, because we both know that the review does not happen.  This truly is a simple fix to force the customer to choose a shipping option with no default.  

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

We had this issue for a very long time, customers were choosing the Store Pickup option as it was the first on the shipping list due to $0.00 price.
After countless hours we picked up on a few things that were causing it and managed to fix the issue.

1. Store Pickup was being selected as default for customers who weren't paying attention (well that's what we thought). Turns out the PayPal Express button on the first step of our checkout page was causing our customers to skip a step where they can change the shipping option.
The fix was to delete the code (simple google search will find instructions).

2. We installed an app called  Store Pickup Click and Collect by CreativeR, this app puts a store pickup option at your cart page, it sorts customers who actually want to pickup and those who don't and offers shipping accordingly.

This doesn't solve the issue that we don't want wholesale customers to be offered our free shipping option!!! But did help quite a lot with the above issues.

Shane

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 17

Is this facility NOT being offered so that SHOPIFY can profit from the app developers providing this service at a fee?

My preference is to NOT have a default shipping option and require customers to actively select. This is an easy fix!!

3 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 3

We also need this feature fixing!!!!

It is creating so many issues for us and its mainly through people using apple pay & google pay because they are skipping the shipping options page.

PLEASE PLEASE ADD THIS IN SHOPIFY!!!!

Or someone clever work out how to change the code as i have no idea about coding!!

3 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 3

This lack of functionality make both me and Shopify look so unprofessional. This needs fixing now.

3 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 17

CFFATHOME: It's not difficult fix. The only reason that I can see why Shopify  wont implement this change is because they receive revenue from the app developers.

Shopify: Comment??

@CFFATHOME wrote:

We also need this feature fixing!!!!

It is creating so many issues for us and its mainly through people using apple pay & google pay because they are skipping the shipping options page.

PLEASE PLEASE ADD THIS IN SHOPIFY!!!!

Or someone clever work out how to change the code as i have no idea about coding!!

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 3

This has become a huge issue for us, to the extent that we're going to have to remove the Pickup option and do a shipping refund if they want to pick up. What makes is worse is that, for those customers that I contact and do want to change it to shipping, you can't edit the shipping once the order has been placed!! So I have to add an additional item onto the order, after I've calculated the shipping cost - so much more complicated and clumsy if they'd just give us both options to begin with!

3 Likes