Shipping Options - change order they are displayed

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
161 9 53

Anyone interested in having Store Pickup enabled on their shop will need to contact Shopify support per their help article.

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-in-person/pos-classic/shopify-pos-from-admin/buy-online-pick...

Co-Founder / CTO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 10

Hallelujah!! It's our lucky day!! FINALLY!!!!! Thank you Shopify!

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 22

There has always been a local pickup option. 

This is not the complaint here.

PLEASE allow us to change the order of delivery options so that local pickup (free) is NOT the default.  Customers are selecting this by mistake (default) and not paying for shipping.  It really makes us (your customers) look bad when we have to contact our customers and ask for more money.  

PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON IT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

4 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
161 9 53

@carolinathreadz this is true, but previously the local pickup option was just a standard shipping method with no cost and the name changed to "Local Pickup".  The new system is drastically different and gives a tabbed option at checkout for the customer to switch between Store Pickup and Delivery.

shopify_delivery.png

shopify_pickup.png

This means you're no longer having to surface a free shipping option with the name Local Pickup at checkout and hoping the customer reads the shipping method title before clicking next.

Co-Founder / CTO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles
4 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 17

Firstly, THANK YOU for addressing this issue. This now goes a long way to solving how to process local pickups. I understand that, as a part of this, Shopify have needed to implement a solution where pickups from multiple locations needs to ensure that stock is available at those locations.

Initial thoughts on the update, while great for the above reason looks likely to be missed by customers that are searching for a 'what do I do next?' route through checkout. Time will tell on this, but the functionality as far as it goes looks great.

I am small fry in the world of Shopify, so probably don't really count. But, I have a retail outlet (currently closed) and an online presence that has suddenly become busier. To develop my remaining source of business (online), I need to make the offering as sweet as I can for my customers. Offering local free delivery is one of these and is proving popular with a percentage of my customers, however, this (free) option is bumped to the top of the list in delivery route and selected by too many of my distance customers (perhaps in IQ as well as mileage!). If customers were required to actively select the delivery option, this should resolve the situation.

Is this something that can be looked at?

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 22

Thank you for the explanation.  This sounds promising.  I'll be setting it up later today.

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 3

@carolinathreadz   I wish the process was normally as quick as it appears to have been for you!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 17
I received a response from Shopify!!! YAY!!!! It read “Congratulations on getting 10 likes” 🤬
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 22

I watched the video tutorial.  It seemed easy enough.  It said all I had to do was contact support.

I waited 32 minutes on "chat hold" to finally be told this...I can't get this option "yet".  And then the rep went on to try to sell me on apps.  I will paste the chat responses verbatim.  Hopefully, everyone else will have some success getting this feature added.

SHOPIFY:  From what I see here, your store is not yet ready for the Shopify feature to be added. With that in mind, we do still have alternate solutions available. For example, one of our app partners Zapiet is currently offering an extended 45-day free trial with their Covid Response, to their Store Pickup + Delivery app. This allows you to implement a feature where you can specify products to only include pickup options, or offer pickup and delivery in tandem, depending on customer preference. To sign up and benefit from the 45-day free trial, visit this link. To learn more about the app itself, and see screenshots of it in-action, see Store Pickup + Delivery in the Shopify App Store.

ME:  Is there a time frame?

SHOPIFY:  There is not an exact timeframe available at the moment, no, however I do know we have multiple teams working on this to roll it out as soon as possible. You can keep an eye on our Shopify Changelog for when the feature is rolled out to everybody, or, feel free to chat back in occasionally and we can let you know if there are any updates available.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 17
I watched the clip and then added the option in checkout to my account no bother. Clearly the settings on mine were, by fluke, the right ones.
Is your account fulfilment address set up, ie, do your normal orders say that they are posted from your shop?
0 Likes