Shipping Options - change order they are displayed

Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 17
An earlier post of mine suggests that customers may not notice the (new) tab for pick up. I have kept my ‘Click and Collect’ option as well just in case. Of course, this still gets bumped to the top, but it nestled next to my ‘Free local delivery’ option, so Joe Public is going to pick it anyway 🥴
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 17

Far be it for me to labour a point, but of 5 orders received yesterday evening, 2 selected ‘Free delivery to the local area’, despite each being over 50 miles away. This delivery option, first in the list on the checkout delivery page because (presumably) it is the cheapest, was ignored by the customer who didn’t even look at it.

Having previously been a computer programmer for many years, I know that apps NEED to be coded such that the end product works best for the customer (MY customer); this does not mean it is coded in the easiest way or perhaps the way that we might think is right in the first instance.

PLEASE amend the code to either 1. not select the zero price option as default, 2. Not have a default setting so it has to be selected by the end customer, or 3. allow the delivery options to be sorted so that the default option is defined by the shop keeper (who does actual now what they are talking about).

3 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 10

I'm not sure you have the local pickup option set up correctly if free shipping is still showing up in the choices of shipping costs? The free pickup is one of two tabs. The first one with shipping options doesn't show a free option. Make sure you don't have another previously set up free or local pickup rule set up in your shipping options. We currently have free shipping over $100 and that will show up for those checkouts. But all others will not. 

Shopify3.jpgShopify4.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2
I have been using the “free pickup” option for quite a while now. However, at checkout, it defaults to this and I have a lot of customers not even notice. I am having to go back in and refund or create a separate listing to cover shipping costs. It would be incredibly helpful if the order can be changed by us user admins, instead of being forced to have it default to free pickup. It would save a lot of time and hassle.
2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 17

@FBM0616 Welcome along to the increasing number of people who complain about this very situation ... but are ignored by Shopify because it forces us to use paid apps from which I’m sure Shopify also derive income.

Message to Shopify: Would you refute this claim?

3 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 17

@wyo27 Thanks for this. 

Firstly, if the free shipping tab was highlighted in the way that you have done, then my customers wouldn’t be able to miss it. As they DO miss it, I use both this tab AND a Free Shipping option in the list. 

Secondly, my more fundamental issue is that a shipping option is set by default and does not have to be selected by the customer. The shipping options are listed by Shopify in price order, therefore the free options appear first. As I offer free local delivery and I also offer free shipping for orders over a certain value, both options appear at the top of the list; one option is always set as a default; and my customers invariably go along with whatever is there. If my customer had to select an option to be able to proceed, this issue would be immediately resolved.

Hi @Shauna_M . Sorry to drag you into this. Do you know if Shopify have any work around or solution to this issue? Please note that this is not an enhancement request, but an issue fix.

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 10

@simonpackham I think I understand. I offer a free shipping over $100 as well but it doesn't show up in the list until their cart reaches that amount. If they are local and want to pick up then they would just select that tab? Your free local delivery option should only show up in the tabbed section I believe unless you have a separate shipping rule set up for that. I did have that originally and had to go into my shipping rules and delete it. Now if they order anything under $100 the standard rates appear, over $100 the free shipping shows. Could you show a screenshot? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I really wish Shopify would seriously look at this 'default' issue - it is really frustrating and time wasting for both parties and you can totally see how it is missed so often by customers.  It causes a delay getting the order shipped because half the time it takes a day or two for the customer to either acknowledge your email (hopefully doesn't sit in their junk folder for a week) or it takes them a few days to pay for the postage.  As eCommerce stores we are always very conscious of giving our customers a seamless experience online and being able to provide quick turnarounds from purchase to delivery - come on Shopify flip it from most expensive to least expensive at least or give us the option to choose the default shipping rate. 

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Interested in your solution here, but I don't understand what you mean by ignore the $100 - this would be charged at the checkout and they would be debited the extra $100 on their credit card - not sure my customers would appreciate that so I am not sure how you get round this and surprised no one else has asked.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

Hi,

is this feature available now?

Highly requested feature since 2013..

2 Likes