Shipping Per Item (please recommend an app)

Highlighted
Excursionist
20 0 5

It seems a lot of people need to be able to charge shipping based on the individual item, myself included. Why is this not a native feature in Shopify? We can input the price, the weight, the compare at price, but no SHIPPING COST for that item. There are so many apps I have no idea which one will do what I need. What many many many people need, which is this:

1. Free + shipping: I want to be able to assign different shipping rates for different items that are FREE. Some items might be $7.95, some $8.95, some $9.95. I need these rates applied when a customer orders more than one of each of those items as well. Or maybe they get discounted for more than 1 of each.
  2. Rates per individual item, then lower rate for more than 1 of that item. This is the model for every PRINT ON DEMAND service out there. Why can we not do this natively? It seems like a huge oversight.

Expecting us to bounce around between apps to provide a simple shipping cost calculation is just setting everyone up for failure. Especially as we go about testing new products to sell. Especially for those of us running stores that sell items from Aliexpress and POD services. Nearly EVERYONE needs these options. Why not include them natively? 

That said, which apps can do this? After reading up on many apps and the reviews for those apps, I'm left confused. Unsure. I could try one, waste time on it, uninstall, and move on to another, waste more time, move on, repeat.

It seems like every successful store requires the ability to set:

1. PRICE
  2. COMPARE AT PRICE
  3. SHIPPING PRICE
  4. SHIPPING PRICE FOR MORE THAN 1 OF THAT ITEM

Set us up for success from the beginning. How is this not a native feature already...?

Please don't suggest we build the shipping into the price. This hurts conversion. The price is too high.

Please don't suggest weight based or price based rules. This won't work with free + shipping. This won't work with items with different shipping rates. This won't work with buying more than one of an item.

I cannot go live with my new store at this point. My other store is hurting because shipping is built into price and is hurting conversion. I have no way to charge my customers the proper amount for shipping. It's impossible with the current native features of Shopify.

I'd appreciate any recommendations for an app that can do these simple, desperately needed shipping calculation features. Cheers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
20 0 5

Here's a pic I created in photoshop that illustrates how simple the interface could be for the user if shopify would implement modern shipping standards. We don't need the current antiquated pony express shipping calculators.

Shopify_Options.JPG

Is there an app that can provide these options right now?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
20 0 5

So, a helpful Shopify agent helped me over text chat. "Better Shipping" app with Carrier Enabled Shipping options enabled on my Shopify account seem to be the best solution atm. That's $15 and $20 month extra. Which is fine, but be aware if you're still learning. I still think a little bit of coding on Shopify's part to include the shipping as in my illustration above would be an easy solution for so many of us.

Cheers,

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Phil,

I completely agree with you that this should be a basic Shopify feature, especially being the leaders in the industry. My e-commerce site 8 years ago even had this feature. I'm checking in with you to see if Better Shipping has been a good solution for you. Thanks!

0 Likes