Shipping Profile Based On Collection (and possibly date)

4 0 0
Hi all, I do a lot of fundraisers and team orders in my store, and those are often picked up and distributed by a team coordinator. Thus I have shipping options of: USPS In-Store Pickup Team/Captain Delivery But many times people ignore the product description and select one of the first two when the item is going to be delivered by a coordinator. Is there a way to set shipping profiles by collection? I could manually move the collection out of the profile once the ordering period is over (so people can still order for in-store pickup or shipping after the fundraiser window, for example).
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Bump

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Also interested to know if this is doable.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
152 9 35

Hey @Jason_Grazado & @Will_Freeman,

We have a handy solution called Automate Shipping Profiles which allows you to define a set of rules for each of your shipping profiles!  Our conditions list is fairly extensive and includes product collections.  You can create multiple sets of profile conditions, and adjust the priority list of which profile conditions should be applied first.  The best part is that it's free to install and setup.

Once your profile conditions have been created you will need to pick a billing plan to start the automation process.  Once a plan has been selected and you've approved the billing authorization you can run a Bulk Update which will go through your entire catalog and assign products to their appropriate shipping profile.  What's great is that after the bulk update is complete, our system will sit in standby and listen for any changes to your products and collections.  If there are changes, we go through the affected products and update their shipping profile assignment.  We also have a handy dashboard that shows you which products were assigned to a profile and by which profile condition set which is handy for ensuring your profile conditions are sorting the way to want them to.

If anyone has any questions, I would be happy to help!

Regards,

Joel.

Co-Founder / CTO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3

I pay around 100€ monthly to Shopify and i have now soon 10 000 products. It is very confusing to browse the shipping profiles to add them to correct ones. It only load 50 products and i can not just select all collection once. I am not going to buy monthly fee apps to manage this. This should come from this price. And what is most funny i can not even print invoice from Shopify without extra monthly fee from some third party app.  And 2% of my sales i pay to shopify and i can not print invoice to customer :D Nice

0 Likes