Shipping Profiles - CONFUSED

frejanorse
2 0 0

I am a UK based store, currently only shipping to the UK.

I am looking to start shipping internationally, but each product has an individual shipping price. Is it possible to set this up? I tried doing by weight, but this did the entire basket rather than products. As some products are the same weight but different packaging therefore have a different postage price!

Im super super confused, and finally given up trying myself! I really don't want to pay for an app to be able to do this, Any help would really be appreciated!

0 Likes
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
2588 134 445

You'll want to work through the shipping profiles documentation and watch the video

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/shipping/setting-up-and-managing-your-shipping/shipping-profiles

Product specific shipping is a 'custom shipping profile'

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
733 73 131

Hi @frejanorse

Hyde here from Shopify.

I completely understand the frustration, it can be a tad overwhelming.

By default, each Shopify store is created with one shipping profile that contains your general shipping rates. However, if your products all need different and distinct shipping setups, then you will likely need to set up different shipping profiles for each one. Here is a video introduction to shipping profiles:

And here are the steps outlined for creating a shipping profile if you prefer:

20-07-vwwxy-nehtu

In essence, you would create a shipping profile for every product. The only issue here is that - in addition to the general profile - you can only create 99 custom shipping profiles for 100 shipping profiles in total. So that's 99 unique shipping profiles for 99 products.

This is the only feasible way of creating unique shipping rates for each individual product. Beyond this, you would need to look at a third-party app.

I hope this all helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes