Shipping Profiles - Limit shipping by zip code

Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm thinking about moving my online flower ordering service from WooCommerce to Shopify. I have two questions about the new Beta feature shipping profiles.

1) Will I have the shipping profiles on a new Basic Shopify account? (website says only 'some' stores have it)

2) Will the shipping profile allow me to limit shipping availability/cost by zip code?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
679 63 88

Hello, @anthonysflowers.

Elias here with Shopify Support.

Thank you for this inquiry.

Our shipping profile feature will be officially launched to all merchants in Fall 2019. While we do not have an exact time frame we can share, it will be available for everyone very soon. Once it’s fully launched, we will be updating our guide, here: Shipping Profiles

Shipping profiles are designed for stores that have different fulfillment locations or products that have different rates (eg. fragile products). This allows the checkout to display combined rates at checkout for your customers so they don’t get confused with separate rates. While we can limit shipping availability and rates on a State/Province level, for more advanced shipping and restrictions using zip codes, we recommend using a third-party app. I’ve handpicked a few apps that can limit shipping on a city/zip code level for you to try out. 

Most of our third-party apps have a free trial for you to try out. If you require technical support with these apps, you can always reach out to the developers directly through the contact information found in the Support section of the app’s page.

14_48-1s7d0-lsgap

We have a handy guide to help with migrating from WooCommerce to Shopify. We also believe having a first hand preview of our platform may help you determine if Shopify is right for you, we have a 14-day free trial for you to try out. Feel free to sign up right over here

Let me know if this helps clarify our shipping profiles! If you have any further questions on this topic, feel free to reply to this thread.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes