Shipping Rates and Order Fulfillment

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there,

I'm new to ecommerce and about to launch my store on Shopify. I'll be buying my products from Japan and selling to customers in Singapore and eventually to Southeast Asia and North America (big plans...lol).

My questions are:

1) If I go through Amazon's FBA in Singapore , they can then ship to customers anywhere in the world from Singapore? 

2) How do I find shipping rates from Singapore to any country through FBA?

3) Later on, if I do sell to North America and I assume it' cheaper to ship from Japan, that means I should stock up with Amazon in both Japan and Singapore depending on where it's cheaper to ship to customers?

Thanks a bunch in advance. :)

Rick

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
318 36 58

Hi Rick,

Hyde here from Shopify. Great questions!

According to our help documentation: Shopify's built-in Fulfillment by Amazon integration is available only to Amazon sellers with Amazon Marketplace accounts for the United States and Canada based on your store currency.

20-02-jvnr0-v4r9g
There's more information on this in our help documentation here

If your Amazon Marketplace account is for another region, then you need to use a third-party app integration for Fulfillment by Amazon. We do have a list of third-party app integrations here for you to consider, but what the shipping rates are for that I couldn't say. You'd likely need to consult the help documentation for whatever app you decide to use.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions let me know!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
50 0 3

Hi @Tembusu,

You can use ShipperHQ’s Landed Cost Engine to show cross-border duties and taxes directly at checkout, so your buyers always know exactly what they are paying, and you don’t have to worry about calculating the extra fees yourself.

Use Zones in ShipperHQ to establish different shipping areas, and from there set rules to charge or surcharge a certain amount for shipping per zone.

Plus, we integrate with several cross-border carriers like Zenda and Easyship that will handle the customs work for you and make international shipping easy.

Get in touch with our sales team, and they would be happy to discuss further. Or you can sign up for a free 30-day trial and see how ShipperHQ works for you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
43 3 9

I'm a bit late to seeing this, but I think I can provide a bit more clarification. What you're doing when you have Amazon fulfill your Shopify orders is called multi-channel fulfillment (MCF). Amazon has totally different rules for their MCF program than they do for orders that come directly through the Amazon website. Different shipping rates, speeds, everything.

More than likely, Amazon won't ship your products outside of Singapore for MCF orders. The EU is really the only place where they ship MCF orders internationally. This article goes into more details about various countries and Amazon's rules: https://bytestand.com/fulfilling-your-online-stores-international-orders-with-amazon-fba/

What a lot of people end up doing is adding multiple marketplaces to their Amazon account. So you have one Amazon seller account, but you send your products to different marketplaces (countries) so that customers in those locations can order from that marketplace. It gets a bit complicated with tracking inventory and logistics, but that's really your best option. Hope that helps!

0 Likes