Solved

Why aren't my Shopify shipping rates displaying correctly?

Snerp1
12 0 0

Hi,

I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how to set up my shops' shipping.  I have set up shipping rates (based on price) for 2 separate zones. I also have created specific packages for the products based on box size. I have FedEx and Canada Post as shipping options though we really don't need Canada post.  

The problem I'm facing is when testing the checkout process, the shipping only shows standard shipping (FedEx is not appearing as an option), and random rates show up during testing. I have even seen "Free" show for some of the tests. 

Is there some setting that I'm missing? I'm at a standstill now, so any help would be appreciated.

https://cecomdistributing.com/

Accepted Solution (1)
Paul-Cann
Explorer
53 3 17

This is an accepted solution.

Not a problem at all! In your profiles, there is a default when you create your store, called the general Profile, which is the rates for all of your products. You created the CECOM profile, but all of your products are still associated with the general one. You will need to go into Shopify > Settings > Shipping and click on "manage rates" next to your CECOM profile. There, underneath the "name" section, is the "Products" section, in which you can select all products that will go in the profile (in this case, all of your products).

Customer Success Lead @ Intuitive Shipping
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles

View solution in original post

Replies 13 (13)

Paul-Cann
Explorer
53 3 17

Hello,

In your Shopify > Settings > Shipping page, do you have just one profile? Are you able to provide a screenshot of the rates that are set up for your 2 zones? 

As for the FedEx options, you may need to verify that there are no issues with permissions at checkout, too, just in case the rates are being blocked before checkout.

Paul

Snerp1
12 0 0

Ok here some screenshots, let me know if you need to see anything else.

screen-2.jpgscreen-3.jpgScreen-1.jpg

Paul-Cann
Explorer
53 3 17

Hey,

So it looks as though this setup is only for the Profile for Cecom Distributing, but you don't have any products currently linked to that profile. What this means is that all products will be calculated based on the Shipping Setup of your "General Profile". If all of your products are coming from the same source and same packaging, you many need to recreate your 2 Canadian zones and shipping setup within your General Profile; otherwise you will need to arrange your products into the CECOM distributing if they require their own shipping.

Hope this helps!

Paul

Snerp1
12 0 0

Thanks for the quick reply! Yes, all the products are coming from the same location/source CECOM Distributing. So based on your suggestions, which would be best to fix the issue? Also for each of those possible solutions, I'm not sure what you mean setting up with the "General Profile"...can you elaborate a bit more...sorry I'm a bit of a deer in the headlights when it comes to Shopify shipping LOL!

Paul-Cann
Explorer
53 3 17

This is an accepted solution.

Not a problem at all! In your profiles, there is a default when you create your store, called the general Profile, which is the rates for all of your products. You created the CECOM profile, but all of your products are still associated with the general one. You will need to go into Shopify > Settings > Shipping and click on "manage rates" next to your CECOM profile. There, underneath the "name" section, is the "Products" section, in which you can select all products that will go in the profile (in this case, all of your products).

Snerp1
12 0 0

Ok I re-did the shipping zones in the general profile and it now seems to be working as expected. If I have any other questions can I contact you?

Paul-Cann
Explorer
53 3 17

Absolutely! Feel free to send me a direct message, and I'll be happy to help where I can!

Hmletfurn
Tourist
8 0 3

Hi,

I think i have the same problem, but i have different conditions on the shipping rates.

Will you be able to help me?

Shubha_Mittal
Tourist
4 0 3

I have added 2 shipping profiles for my store, where some heavy products have to be charged separately for shipping. When I place a test order, at the checkout page, it only shows 'Shipping' instead of 'Heavy item Surcharge', which I want to show to the customers. I have specified the 'rate name' for those products as 'Heavy item Surcharge' and it should show that specifically. How do I fix this issue? 

wresfd
Visitor
1 0 0

what is CECOM ?

theskincandy
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Paul - I know this is an old thread but I am having the same issue.  However, currently there is no "manage rates" in shipping any longer.  So you know what it is called now?

Mirdas
Shopify Partner
414 42 70

Hi @theskincandy ,

You are searching for a shipping profile and a way to include products within it. You can find detailed instructions here.

Co-Founder / CEO @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping

AdanRamirez
Shopify Partner
54 0 3

Hi there,

ShipperHQ can help you there. You can establish different shipping zones in ShipperHQ, and from there set rules to charge or surcharge a certain amount for shipping per zone.

You can get in touch with our sales team, and they would be happy to discuss further. Or you can sign up for a free 30-day trial and see how ShipperHQ works for you.