Shipping Times

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 1

Hello Community

I'm getting ready to launch my store-yesss.  I have a question.  I'm working on creating a page for shipping times.  What information should I include on my page for shipping times?

Thanks for your help

Alan,   

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
362 46 60

Hey there, @AZth1002!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! Excited to hear that you're ready to launch your store soon, and I'd be happy to suggest what to include for your Shipping Policy.

As you may have already noticed, all of the Store Policies with the exception of the Shipping Policy in your Settings > Legal page include the ability to generate a template. This is because every business's Shipping Policies differ drastically from the next. That being said, you can still use the Shipping Policy field on this page to display the information. If you do, your store's Cart page should automatically display "Taxes and shipping calculated at checkout", with the "shipping" being a hyperlink that will direct the user to your Shipping Policy if clicked. It'll look like this:

19-09-pqwge-t01aj

I recommend ensuring your Policy includes your handling time, shipping options, the costs of shipping, the expected shipping duration range for each option, and any restrictions that may apply to your business (ie. any regions your may not ship to). You can learn more and find a template to use in this Oberlo guide.

You can also create an FAQ page with this information included. You might have already created a custom page for your About Us page, but if you need a refresher you can follow this guide to create a page. If you decide to do this, I recommend adding it to your store's Footer menu to make it more accessible to your visitors.

Hope this helps you get started with designing your Shipping Policy! Since you're preparing for your store's launch - have you seen our Essential Store Launch Checklist? You may find it handy to reference to ensure you don't miss any steps before your big day. Best of luck with your launch!

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Hello and thanks for the info
I have a few questions.  
Where do I get shipping times for each of my products from?  Do I contact the carriers to get the cost, times (international and domestic), etc?
When I click on each product on my website the shipping times, cost etc will appear.  Is that the info I use?    
When a product is purchased from my website how do I know when it will leave the warehouse to be shipped?
When I click on a product on my website some of the shipping times don't make sense
example  
USPS Priority Mail                    (1 business day)         $6.95USPS Priority Mail express        ( 1 business day)       $22.95
It's the same but different prices.  Am I missing something?  
If you can provide a little more info about shipping times that would be awesome. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
362 46 60

Great questions, @AZth1002! I'll provide some general information, but I'm interested in learning more about what your shipping strategy is. Depending on how you set up your shipping settings you may need to reach out to your carrier directly for approximate shipping times. Are you planning to set up Shopify Shipping, carrier-calculated rates, or flat based rates? Are you shipping these products yourself, or are you using a supplier or fulfillment centre?

Shopify Shipping is available for orders shipped from fulfillment locations based in the United States (USPS, DHL Express, and UPS) and Canada (Canada Post). Are your fulfillment locations based in Canada or the United States? Shopify Shipping allows you to display discounted carrier calculated rates and purchase shipping labels from within the Admin, saving you time and money. You can learn more about Shopify Shipping here. You can find the shipping details and delivery timeline for USPS, DHL Express, UPS and Canada Post (international and domestic) by clicking the carrier in our Shipping examples and carrier rates guide.

If you're planning to use carrier-calculated rates, you can either use an app or set up third-party calculated shipping rates. With third-party calculated shipping rates, and most shipping apps you'll likely require adding Carrier Calculated Shipping (CCS) on your plan. CCS is already included in the Advanced Plan and higher but you can also add it onto your existing plan for an additional $20/month USD. Alternatively, you can change your billing cycle from monthly to annually and have CCS enabled on your plan for no additional charge. If you'd like to have CCS enabled, please either let me know or contact our 24/7 support through social media, email, phone or live chat and one of the Support Gurus would be happy to assist! In this case, an app may display the expected shipping times or you may need to contact your carrier directly for more information.

Alternatively you can set up flat shipping rates, which may be ideal if you're dropshipping or using a third-party supplier. If you have multiple locations for your products, and want to set different rates for different products and locations, then you can use shipping profiles to set this up. This will allow you to create different profiles for different products from different locations. When creating any shipping zone, you'll be able to select the country or region and create rules based on price or weight. You can learn more about the different rates here. If you decide to set up flat shipping rates, then you will need to contact the carrier you're planning on using to get more information on their shipping times. 

You also advised that when you click on a product on your store, you'll see the shipping times as well as cost displayed. Are you referring to an app, or do you have this information embedded on your product pages? Can you share a screenshot or link example? As for the time it takes for shipment ultimately will depend on your shipping strategy. If you're using a fulfillment centre, I recommend reaching out to them directly for more information on fulfillment times. You can also set up fulfillment centre notifications, so that they're emailed as soon as you mark an order fulfilled. Although I'm not sure where you're seeing the Priority Mail vs. Priority Mail Express rates, I did a quick Google search and was able to locate the different features for each one. For example, Priority Mail looks like it can take 1-3 business days, where as Priority Mail Express can be overnight and take up to 2 days. You can read more about Priority Mail here and Priority Mail Express here

I hope this helps! I understand there's quite a bit of information here, so please let me know if there's anything I can clarify. 

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
153 6 15

@AZth1002 ,

Hello, I can definitely assist with all your shipping scenarios and questions regarding rates and time frame.  We usually provide a demo to go over all logistical questions to make it as easy to understand as possible. Would you like to schedule a demo?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 1

Can you send me the demo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
153 6 15

Link to schedule your demo :  https://calendly.com/kingwebmaster/30min

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
50 0 3

Good afternoon,

Chances are customers will shop around your store and their decision to make a purchase will be based on estimated delivery dates.

ShipperHQ can help you fulfill orders on-time, every time using our Date & Time functionality. To use these functions with ShipperHQ, your carrier needs to support selecting a delivery date and time. UPS, FedEx, In-Store pickup and some custom rates carriers fit this bill.

Book your demo today or contact our sales team to get access to this ultra-fast eCommerce checkout experience.

0 Likes