Shipping Weights Not Calculating Properly

Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 2

So to be as clear and concise as possible:

- I have all my retail products set to 0.0lbs

- I have the products that I want to offer for free (for promotions) as 0.2lbs and price as $0.00

- I have shipping set up so that orders $0.01 and above are charged a set of shipping rates (by order total)

- For my free products, I have shipping set up so that orders with a minimum and maxium weight of 0.2lbs are charged a separate set of shipping rates (by weight)

- I have these settings set up to cover every country

However when I test by adding my free product to my cart it says:
"There are no shipping methods available for your cart or destination."

After 20 hours of trying and checking things over 100 times.. I can't for the life of me figure this out. Is anybody able to provide any help?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
10007 116 1815

Hey AC,

Do you have an example product link that the forum members could test with? I don't see any $0 items on the store linked to your forum profile so I assume this relates to another store. Also seeing a screenshot of you shipping rates could help remove any assumptions on that front.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
187 0 27

Hi AC!

Diana here from the Shopify Support Team.

Have you taken into consideration the weight of the default package in your Shipping settings? The Shopify checkout adds the total weight of the items in the cart plus the weight of the default package in order to populate the shipping rates. So, for example, if you have a 1kg item in a 0.5kg box, the checkout is going to look for shipping rates that allow for 1.5kg. Check in the Admin under Settings > Shipping to see what is written here:

If your shipping rates haven't accounted for the weight of the package, that may be causing the issue. It's a little thing that's easy to overlook!

You can review how Shopify handles manual shipping rates to see if that helps as well. :)

Diana | Shopify Guru ~ Contact Shopify 24/7 at support.shopify.com!
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Each of my products has a weight that I have calculated with my scale. But for some reason whenever I go to create shipping labels for my sweatshirts which I’ve just added this past month, even though I’ve entered a weight for each size and variant it is not calculating or populating when I go to create shipping labels. Any thoughts?
0 Likes