Shipping & Fullfillment

7 0 0

Hi Community,

I guess this is my first or second time I use this forum and I hope I am posing my question in the right way.

I own a Shopify store. My supplier feed has shipping rates for each state in Australia and I was looking for an App that will allow me to pass the correct shipping rate to the customer based on their location.

As it's I lose money when customer purchase a bulky and/or overweight item from my store. Thanks

Regards

Abdi

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
519 26 57

Hi, Abdi!

Katy here from Shopify! I hope you are well and thanks for reaching out.
It can indeed be frustrating to end up out of pocket due to these discrepancies. I am happy to provide a bit of guidance here to help you to resolve this.

You mention that you are currently working with a supplier. Do you know if they have an integration with a specific shipping service or if they currently link up with any Shopify apps? It would be a good first step to check on this, to see if they may already have an existing integration with Shopify/ via one of the apps from our App store.

In terms of setting up your different weight based rates. Would you like to be able do so based on your customer's exact exact location, or within each state only? I ask, as it is possible to split up each shipping rate by state in Australia.  You could do so like this for example.  This would allow you to set different rates - based on those offered by your provider manually within your admin.

If however you prefer not to do this manually, and your supplier does not have an integration set up, there are some apps from our App store that can help determine rates based on customer location. Some good options include:

In order to use these apps - they do require you to have what is called Carrier Calculated Shipping added to your Shopify account. This is a feature that is included in the Advanced plan, but can be added for free when on annual billing (which saves you 10% overall on your bill) , or for an additional $20 per month on any other monthly billed plan.

Do have a look- and let me know what you think. I am happy to help where I can.

Cheers,

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
7 0 0

Hello Katy,

Thank you for your response.

I just come to learn what my problem is. And I break it into two phases. Inventory Update & Custom Shipping Rate

Phase one updating the store inventory: And for this, I use a Shopify App that does a very good job, it updates every 12-hours. However, that App only updates key columns such as price, quantity, description, images etc but has no ability to pull the "State" columns from the feed. And these columns are where the custom shipping rates are. (For clarity please see column C-I in the feed URL https://www.dropshipzone.com.au/sample/Standard/sku_list_shopify.csv)

Phase two is the custom shipping rate: And this is the reason why carrier shipping rates may not be a solution for me because the supplier has varying shipping rates and free shipping, and in this regard I did found another Shopify App that may do the work but the only downturn it needs the custom rates to be uploaded/updated in the Shopify store. I hope I made sense in my question.

Now I guess what I need is a Shopify App that can update the store product including the "State" columns C-I in the feed, so that I can use the second App to pass the custom shipping rate to the customer or if there is any App as such that update the store and calculate the custom shipping rate. Thanks

Regards

Abdi

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
519 26 57

Thanks so much for your reply, Abdi and for the additional information.

Could you let me know the name of the app you are using? It appears that this does add additional contents to the standard Shopify CSV file as you mention (info on the our CSV files here). However perhaps reaching out to the app developer, they may be able to pull through the information that you need?

Regarding the Carrier Calculated Shipping, I understand what you are saying here. Rather than using this by itself, I believe an app would work best for you in this case. Though as mentioned, the apps available for this functionality, will need to have access to the live rates add-on in order to work.

This would cost an additional $20 per month on any plan other than the Advanced plan. However it is a free add-on when you pay for your subscription annually. The annual subscription also has an added 10% discount. The billing system for annual is a one-off payment per year, which I understand is quite a chunk at one time, but it would offer you some great savings overall.

It might be worth reaching out to the app developer of the app you are currently using, to see if they can implement this functionality for you. Then you could look into integrating the app for your shipping settings.

Do let me know if you have any questions or need a hand reaching the app developer. 

Cheers,

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
7 0 0

Hello Katy,

Thank you for support sincerely appreciated.

The App I am using to update the store is Easy Sync. Yes, the feed adds extra content than the standard Shopify CSV. I have already contacted the App developer and at this stage, they cannot support the additional content in the file.

I have already got the annual subscription but I also failed to find a reasonable shipping carrier App that works better in Australia. I have seen the Auspost App but that carrier is only good for non-bulky items under 20kg. I am assuming any carrier App will generate a tracking number for the customer and the supplier generates shipping tracking number once they dispatch the item and I do not know at this stage how to reconcile the two or if it's doable at all. 

Is it possible to get a carrier App that doesn't give a tracking number, only calculates the rates for the customer? I am sure there is gotta be a solution. I have exhausted all avenues that I could think of alone, hope you or other gurus/expert may help. Thanks

Kindest Regards

Sokomart

0 Likes