Can Shopify remove shipping options for specific items?

SheafSt
Visitor
1 0 0

We have a store with multiple items for sale, all items are available for collection, but some items cannot be shipped (for example eggs) and we would like to remove the shipping option completely on these items.

Is there a way to remove the shipping option but leave the collection on an item by item basis?

We found a temp workaround by creating a shipping profile and excluded every country it works but it's not very customer friendly is there a better way to do this?

Thank you

Replies 2 (2)

Sharon-Reeds
Trailblazer
126 6 27

Hey @SheafSt,

Your current workaround is the only way to accomplish this using Shopify's built-in shipping options, so if you want to add more control and control the customer experience with more granularity, you will need a third-party app. You can do this with Intuitive Shipping by setting the items that are pickup-only to their own Shipping Scenario, and have another Shipping Scenario for items that do ship. In the event of a mixed cart (pickup only & delivery items), you can also decide whether you want the entire order to be for pickup etc. 

You can book a demo with our team to learn more by following this link, or you can send your exact shipping requirements to support@intuitiveshipping.com and our team can send you a detailed configuration guide. Just a quick note that if you are a new store, you may qualify for our 'Starter' plan for $14.99/mo for 100 orders.

Warm regards,
Sharon 

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

Hi @SheafSt,

Hyde here from Shopify.

Could I ask you to provide screenshots and examples so that I can better understand the context of your issue? Preferably give me a sense of what the shipping rates and profiles are currently, what you're trying to achieve (and why) and how your products are set up.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

All the best, Hyde.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.