How can I adjust shipping and delivery settings in my online store?

LatinSeasonings
4 0 0

Hi,

I am trying to set up the shipping settings, without success.  For some reason, it shows the country of Panama under "Shipping To," and I have no idea why.  I am not shipping anything to Panama. The Shipping Address From appears to be correct. How can I change this? When I click on Create Shipping Zone I select the US but I can't get rid of Panama.

Thanks.

Markshipping.jpg

Replies 2 (2)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 108

Hello @LatinSeasonings!

This is Lana from Shopify.

So as you can see yourself as well, Panama is there as a Shipping Zone. The Shipping Zones are set up in the settings so that customers from those countries or regions can order from your store - the zones can be just one country or multiple countries grouped together (i.e. Europe zone) and they can all have the same shipping rates. If you do not wish to ship to Panama, you can delete that shipping zone by clicking on the three dots across from the name of the zone:

18-15-85713-34116 

I can see on your screenshot that you already have the US shipping zone added, so now you can start looking at the rates that you want to offer. Shipping rates are in place for you to be able to cover the costs necessary when shipping a product to your customer. If you're not sure what you should be charging, you can look into this with your local post office to get some insight and a better idea of what you need to set. Do keep in mind that whatever rates you set now can be changed at any time so if you wanted to have something in place while you're still figuring out what to charge, you can do that!

You will notice that when you click to Add rate, there will be an option to Add conditions with that rate, so you can base it on product price or weight:

18-19-99783-55703

This is how you will determine what the customers pay based on what is in their cart when they go to checkout. To learn more about setting up your shipping rates, you can visit our help doc on the topic here, but also feel free to ask me any questions here!

Thanks. -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

LatinSeasonings
4 0 0

Hi Lana,

Thanks for your help.

I never noticed the three dots you referenced in your post. I was clicking on the “Manage Shipping Zone” link, which, wasn’t working for me.

When establishing shipping rates based on item weight, can I change the weight setting from kg to pounds? I tried entering pounds into the form field but it didn't help any.

Thanks.

Mark