Shipping and Labels for small package

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi all, just looking for some advice since all the reading I have done over the weeks points me in a few different directions I am having trouble resolving.  I have a single product I will be shipping - a small 3" wide, 4" long, 1" high box - to help you picture that, it's something around the size of two poker decks stacked on top of each other.  The weight is about 6 oz.  I'm in New York, and my reserch has pointed me in the direction of USPS ground as the cheapest way to get it to other parts of the country. 

My concern is primarily labels - my store is woocommerce/wordpress and I want the convenience of printing out lables with a system.  So here are my questions (the things I seek greater clarity on) before I sign up for anything, buy a thermal printer, and so on:

1 - Apparently I don't really need an add-on service, woocmmerce does this on its own already, including postage discounts.  Do think there is something serious I am missing if I just used the woocommerce tools and didn't take on one of the extra shipping services that integrate with woocmmerce?

2 - Apparently, printing lables that small (3" x 4") isn't compatible with some services - am I even supposed to print lables that small for USPS?  My research indicated I may have to use a larger (6" x 4" box) to accommodate things - is that true?

Thanks in advance for any help ...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
228 0 34

Hi, there!

Anders from the Shopify Social Care team here. Hope you're doing well today!

While I can't fully comment on the features found on Woocommerce (these are the Shopify forums) I can inform you that we do, in fact, have a built-in option to both purchase and print shipping labels at a discounted rate natively in the Shopify dashboard. We call it Shopify Shipping and you can download the labels as either a PDF to print with a desktop printer or as a traditional label using a supported label printer. If this is something you would be interested in, follow back up and I'll be glad to provide you with some further resources. 

Take care!

Anders3 | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes