Shipping and Payment

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi, I have three shipping rates namely Cash on Delivery, Bank deposit and credit card option payment methods also same as shipping rates).  When a customer selects one of these options and continues to the payment method, all of these three options are appearing on the payment method as well. 

I would like to know is there any settings that when a customer selects a shipping method, for example, cash on delivery, and continue to the payment option, only Cash on delivery payment option appears on payment page rather all three payment methods. 

Thanks  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
816 50 103

Hi there @blushme!

Don here from Shopify. :)

It is not currently possible to make certain payment methods available contingent on the shipping method being used in your Shopify store.

What we can do in this situation, if you would like to see this functionality in the platform in the future, is to file a feature request for this for your store.

If you are willing to share a link to your store and some info on why this is important to your business, we can file that request with our developer team on your behalf.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi Don, Thanks for your prompt feedback. 

The reason we should not see all three shipping methods in the payment section is to make the shopping experience easy and to reduce abundant cart rate.  When we contacted our customers who leave products in the abundant cart, most of them, said that the shipping and payment section is confusing. They feel like that there must be a mistake in the process of order and some customers send us a screenshot of what they want to purchase via Instagram or Facebook to place the order.  This has created extra work for us to add orders manually.. 

Store link is https://blushme.lk/

Thank you 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
816 50 103

Hi again @blushme!

Don from Shopify once again. :)

Thanks for that extra info and for your store URL.

I have been able to use this to file a feature request for this on your behalf with our developer team.

We rely on feedback like this to know what features out merchants are looking to see in the platform in the future.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like