Shipping areas

Highlighted
Excursionist
16 1 2

Hi People,

In my country we have what is called a rural address witch is a delivery address out of town and cost extra to deliver packages. 

I offer free shipping or for $4.99 I will offer rural shipping as it cost extra, people seem to try and trick me and put down a rural address and they click free shipping when checking out.

Is there anyway I can add a rule so if someone supplies me with a rural address they don’t get the free shipping option? 

Thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
78 4 16

Hey @KLevien,

Shopify's built-in shipping options don't let you get this granular, unfortunately. Your customers (usually) aren't trying to trick you; it's human nature to select the cheapest shipping option available. 

We have a great deal of customers using Intuitive Shipping to create subzones based on ZIP or Postal code. If the buyer lives inside the range that offers free shipping, they'll get free shipping. If they live outside of the range that offers free shipping, they will be charged $4.99 for shipping. If you're interested, you can book a call with our team and they'll give you a hand getting configured. 

Warm regards,
Sharon 

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles

0 Likes