Shipping carrier

3 0 0

Hello. I would like to add a custom shipping carrier. When I use "Other" option, then in the order info my customers seeit says the "Other tracking number". Also I would like to just add the tracking code and have it pasted into the tracking URL automatically. Is there a way to add a custom-made shipping carrier?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
822 45 134

Hey, there. 

Peter here from Shopify Support!

When adding your tracking information, you have the ability to select your courier from the list of available couriers. This allows your tracking number to be attached to the proper URL so that your customer is redirected when they track their option. 

In the event that your courier doesn't appear, you would need to use the "other" as we don't currently provide the option to add other couriers to the pre-generated list. For this, you can enter the URL of the courier, and enter the tracking number so that your customer is redirected to the courier's site to track their package. That said, from my knowledge, this should appear normally to your customers, so if they are seeing "other tracking" then I'd be happy to look into that further. Would you mind posting a screenshot of what you're referring to?

Additionally, If you wanted to follow up below with the name of the courier you primarily use, then I can pass that up to our teams for further review. Should they be able to add this courier to the list, then they will make sure to include it in an upcoming update. 

If there's anything else I can help with please don't hesitate to reply back and I'll happily help out!

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hello Peter,

Thanks for your reply. The shipping carrier that I'd like to have is PostNL.

This is what happening, I create a custom shipping carrier when I fullfil the order, I add it as "Other":

And this is how customers sees it, "Other tracking number":

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
822 45 134

Hey, again!

Thank you for the screenshots, that was super helpful in determining how to get this fixed up. The "Other tracking number:" that appears on the thank you page is tied to your themes language. This area pulls in the "company" name which in this case would be "other." To fix this, you'll want to navigate to Online Store/Themes, select "Actions," then "Edit language." Once here, you can search "tracking" which should pull up a "Company tracking number" field. If you type in "tracking number" this should alter how it appears on the thank you page. 

As for PostNL, I'm happy to send this courier up to our teams to see if this is a courier that we can get added to the list to make this process more efficient for you. 

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hello Peter, 

Thanks a lot, I will do that.

It would be great to add PostNL as it is quite popular here in Netherlands where my store operates. Meanwhile is there a way to edit an existing carrier (that I don't need), modify it into PostNL by changing the tracking URL and carrier name? Otherwise I will have to type in the tracking URL every time (besides the tracking number).

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
822 45 134

Hey, there. 

I'm afraid not. The shipping options that are there can't be changed, so this process would require choosing "other" and pasting in the respected information. I've sent up your feedback to our products team, so I'm hopeful PostNL is something we're able to add in the future. 

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

I cant belive that after all this while we still cant add custom shipping carrier to fulfill our orders. Ive been using workarounds for a few years just to solve this issue. But the workarounds will always limit what we can do in other areas. 

Isn't it time that Shopify realizes their merchants operate in many different countries, each with their own different shipping carriers?

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
822 45 134

Hey, @Whimsigirl

Thank you for taking the time to express your feedback on a feature that is important to you and your business. As is stands, the only way to add other courier information is by using the "Other" option found within the dropdown menu. Our teams are always working on new features, and improvements to better assist our merchants who use our platform every day. I've already sent your feedback up to our products team and added your vote to the existing feature request so they are aware there is further interest in getting this added to the platform. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Are you able to look into adding DayLight Transport to the carrier options as well so we don't have to keep selecting "Other"? Thank you.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
822 45 134

@hwong18 

While I can't guarantee that we'll be able to get this added, I have requested that we add Daylight Transport to the list of available couriers. Should this be a courier our teams can implement, then they will ensure that is inserted in a future update of the platform. 

0 Likes