Shipping charges doubled when using multiple drop shippers

Highlighted
Excursionist
17 0 3

I'm currently working with drop shipper apps. I want to charge customers a flat rate for orders up to $59 and then free shipping for orders over $59, but when a customer orders items from each drop shipper the flat rate is charged twice. This is not what I want.   Also, I thought drop shipper apps were automatically added as a location for shipping - one of my drop shippers was not added. 

I'm new to Shopify and have been changing the shipping settings and at this point, I can't get any items in my cart, because it says not available. Please help someone.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
17 0 3

Was able to move all products back to general shipping profile, so now items can be added to cart. Still having the issue of customers being double charged when ordering items from multiple drop shippers. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
299 34 67

Hi @PParsley 

How do you have your shipping charges set up? Calculated rates? Weight based? Price based? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
17 0 3

Hi @MelsMojoBob 

Calculated rates. Works fine if customer selects items from 1 drop shipper, but when items from 2 drop shippers are added to cart, the shipping charge is doubled. It's charging per drop shipper.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
17 0 3

Seems like Spocket is the issue. I can add items from other 2 drop shippers and shipping is calculated correctly. If I add an item from Spocket, it doubles the shipping charges - if though I have Spocket's profile set to free shipping. Anyone else having this problem?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
299 34 67

Check in your shipping settings.

Is each app set as a separate "Shipping From"?

If so, go in to each one and select the option to "Use same rate as..." so they are all grouped together. That should solve it.

shipping from.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
17 0 3

Humm, I'm not seeing what you're showing. I'm missing something. Here is what I have. 

Screeb 1 .PNGScreen 2.PNGScreen 3.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
299 34 67

Looks like Sprocket is already set as same rate as another location.

In your screenshot it shows shipping From TWO locations to one zone (sprocket, and the one you blocked out).

You mentioned you have two dropshippers in addition to Sprocket. 

Can you set the other dropshipper 'locations' to use the same rates as Sprocket and the other location using the method I screen captured above?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
82 1 3

Hi @PParsley, this is Larry from the team at Spocket here!

Sometimes depending on which suppliers you are getting your products from, shipping can be charged differently depending on your settings. To best assess the situation and help you resolve it, I recommend reaching out to our Spocket support at support@spocket.co. Our customer service department is open 24/7 so they’ll be able to assist you shortly at any time throughout the day! Hope to hear from you soon.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
17 0 3

@LarryatSpocket 

@MelsMojoBob 

I think I found a solution. If I go to each Spocket item variant and change the Manage Inventory by from Spocket to Shopify, the shipping calculates correctly. Hopefully this will work and inventory will still sync. 

0 Likes