Shipping confirmation E-mail, add tracking number and URL

Highlighted
12 0 0

Hi all.

When I send a package I use a 3rd party for this. I have integrated the shipping so the 3rd party sends tracking number, tracking url to shopify and automatically triggers shipping confirmation email in shopify.

I would like to add both tracking number and tracking url to the shipping confirmation email. Can anybody help me with this?

Best

Frederik

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @Frederik_Taylor,

When Shopify sends the email once the order is fulfilled, it includes the link to the thank you page which will show the tracking number for the order. So once you click on the "View your order" button from the email, it will navigate to the order page where you can see the tracking number. 

Now, if you use an app like Shipment tracking & notify, the "View your order" link will redirect to the  trackin dashboard of the app, where you can see the status of your order without going to the carrier website. The app also allows you to have a "track your order" page, from where your customers can track their order.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Frederik,

May I know how you integrate the shipping tracking number sent by 3rd party in shopify? The tracking number sent by 3rd party although appear in Shopify order, it doesn't automatically trigger the shipping confirmation email. I am currently manually copying and paste the tracking number in shopify, seeking a solution to that.

Regards,

Sarah

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @SarahBridge,

Adding to my previous reply,

How are you handling the shipping process? If you use different carrier services to handle shipping, you can use the Multi Carrier Shipping Label app to handle this process.

The app helps you automatically mark the Shopify order as fulfilled by adding the tracking number to the Shopify order details. Also, the app adds the tracking number automatically to the Shopify order emails for all the orders.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
43 5 5

Hi,
for anyone wanting to add the tracking information to the Shipping confirmation email,

paste this code in your shipping confirmation email:

{% if fulfillment.tracking_numbers.size > 0 %}
  <p class="disclaimer__subtext">
    <br/>
    {% if fulfillment.tracking_numbers.size == 1 and fulfillment.tracking_company and fulfillment.tracking_url %}
      {{ fulfillment.tracking_company }} tracking number: <a href="{{ fulfillment.tracking_url }}">{{ fulfillment.tracking_numbers.first }}</a>
    {% elsif fulfillment.tracking_numbers.size == 1 %}      tracking number: {{ fulfillment.tracking_numbers.first }}
    {% else %}      tracking number:<br />
      {% for tracking_number in fulfillment.tracking_numbers %}
        {{ tracking_number }}<br />
      {% endfor %}
    {% endif %}
  </p>
{% endif %}

As for placement, I suggest pasting the above code immediately below this:

<p>{{ email_emphasis }}</p>            
{% endif %}

After pasting, and before clicking Save,click the Preview button to see that you're happy with the way it looks.

Good luck!

0 Likes