Shipping confirmation backup mail

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello,

Is there a way to see the shipping confirmation mails sent to the customers? I do not mean the general template that you can find in settings, but rather the ones sent for real, with Tracking numbers of the orders and the shipping details per purchase. Looking at the customer or order timeline, I do not see a way of clicking a hyperlink or something to get redirected to the mail sent automatically.

Regards,

GiannisIzak

temp2.pngtemp3.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
325 20 48

Hi, @GiannisIzak

You're not able to view the actual email, however the preview function is identical to what your customer will receive. If you wanted to see an exact copy, you'd need to send your own alternative email in replacement of the automated one. Can I ask what the purpose would be of having a copy of the email? 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Brie,

Thanks for your reply. At first we would like to have backup mails of our communication with the customer. But the main reason of this question here is because I see 2 events of shipping confirmation mail within 10 days. Is it exactly the same mail sent? What triggered the second mail generation? Was it the fact that actually the order was delivered yesterday? Is this also automated when the product is delivered an email to be sent?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
325 20 48

Hi, @GiannisIzak

That's a great question! Does the order contain multiple items from different suppliers, or is that a single product order? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Brie,

It has 2 different items from 2 different suppliers. The one is supposed to have arrived yesterday. The other is still in transit.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
325 20 48

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @GiannisIzak.

Ah, I see! Since the items are shipped separately, Oberlo will send a shipping confirmation email for each one. These will be identical apart from the product specifications. They will also be sent the shipping tracking numbers separately (when they're updated) so that they can follow both. Hope that helps! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
109 3 7

Hi, Giannisizak,

This is Song Fei from trackingmore. Our tracking more app will solve your problme perfectly. 

Trackingmore app classify and sort all shipping status into : Pending (shipping lable is created), in transit, out for delivery, delivered, failed to attempt, expetion.

When shipping status changes, for example from in transit to out for delivery, an email (customized by seller) will be send to buyer, including tracking numbers, shipping details, etc..

See more details here:

https://apps.shopify.com/trackingmore?utm_campaign=songfei&utm_medium=forum&utm_source=shopifyforum

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Great thanks.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi, 

I want to see how the customer is addressed in the shipping confirmation. Since I have my shop in Germany and address my customers with their full name or only surname I expect Shopify to send out the confirmation by using the first name. 

How can I see how my customers are addressed in the shipping confirmation and how can I change this to use the surname instead of the first name?

I do not see a template where I can change the shipping confirmation, only a lot of other emails. 

Thanks for your help,

Mike

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
325 20 48

Hi, @MikeMaxi

Thanks for reaching out about that. You can view this by navigating to Settings > Notifications > Shipping confirmation. You can click on Preview to view it, or you can also send yourself a test notification to see how that looks to a customer. The shipping confirmation specifically doesn't use the customer's first or last name - by default, it typically just says "your order is on the way" without addressing the customer's name. If you'd like to add a name, you can add that to the template. Let me know if you have any further questions about that! 

0 Likes