Shipping confirmation email - Adding a local courrier company

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 4

We ship from outside the USA and we need to add the local shipping company to the list. Right now the problem is that we have to select "Other" as shipping company from the current dropdown menu, and I have no chance to put the local shipping company website so that our customers can track their shippings, insteand there is a "google search result for other" and it is awful and extremelly confusing to our customers. HELP NEEDED shopify

Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
959 1 56

Hey Mauricio!

You'll likely need to do some fancy footwork with your templates and include if loops to account for your local courier. It is possible to create a shipping notification that calls in a custom URL that could be fed with the tracking number on the order itself.

It might be possible to get some assistance from our design team with setting this up. You can reach out to them at support@shopify.com. They might have some great insights to share here with your particular situation.

Talk to you soon!

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify Inc.

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

Hi Team Shopify!

Facing the same problem as Mr. Mauricio above. 

Everytime an order is shipped, we need to select 'Other' as the courier company name and no option is available to fill in or add a local courier company's name. 

Kindly suggest a quick and easy to comprehend way out of this problem.

Regards,

Team Ginnibloom

www.ginnibloom.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hello,

I was facing the same problem with that link to google. But this happened only when I changed the name "Other" to my own in this part of code {% if fulfillment.tracking_company and fulfillment.tracking_company != 'Other' %}. Firstly, changing this name to my own was not changing the dropdown list (still showing "Other"). But the tracking list given was the google link. When I put back the original word "Other", my link to the tracking page is corrrect. So, did you modify that word ?

So it now works fine for the link but my problem now is the sentence that says " you parcel was sent using the shipping method "Other" to the following address...... How do I modify this sentence with my own method name ??

Thank you

Olivier

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 4

Hi Matthew,

This issue will be constantly repeated with any customer outside the US, because we are forced to use "Other" shipping company, as foreign shipping companies are not listed in the dropdown menu options in Shopify.

Since the issue is pretty common and essential to the basic operation of shopify ( we all need to send shipping confirmation emails to our customers and advise where to track their orders). Would it be possible to post a piece of code to modify our "shipping confirmation" html email. We just need something that says : if courrier selected is "other" then write "being shipped via The Name of the Local Courrier Company" and can be followed in this link", otherwise write "being shipped via "the selected courrier company" and can be tracked in this web address (matching the selected courrier company). And that's it!

This is essential element for shopify to work well for any costumer outside the US. Thank you

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 4

Even we are facing the same problem. We are situated in India and there are no local courier companies added to the drop down list. I wonder how can a reputed company like shopify launch their platform for India and dont have any option wherein we can select a local courier company.

0 Likes
Highlighted
15 0 0

Hi, has this been resolved?
There needs to be a basic "specify" on the drop-down where you can type the courier company name, so that the customer can know which company website to go to to track their waybill number. Can even add a separate space for you to paste the link to the shipping company address to. We are outside the US, but also make use of more than one shipping company, so to just be able to pre-load one would not be sufficient, hence the "specify" drop-down with your own input.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi

I found a work around that works for me. I modified my shipping confirmation email and used the following variable {{shipping_method.title}} instead of {{fulfillment.tracking_company}}

This variable is defined in you Settings/Shipping Rates. If you name your “Shipping Rate Name” to the name of your shipping company then that is what will appear on the customer shipping confirmation email.

Simply find the following line in your shipping confirmation email template and modify it like so:

Default:

via {{ fulfillment.tracking_company }} {% endif %}to the following address:

Change To:

via {{shipping_method.title}} {% endif %}to the following address:

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

Any solutions to this issue as I am having the same problem?

Shopify Merchant Chargebacks due to fraud - 1
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am also getting same problem ......please any solution.

Thanks advance

0 Likes