Shipping cost and the relation between quantity and country

Solved
YazanBdair
Excursionist
20 0 2

Hello dears 

I want to know if (my shopify store system) can calculate the shipping cost by it self 

talking in consideration the shipping country and quantity 

an example about my question :  

Assume the buyer from Australia ( international Shipping) want to buy 5 pieces of a product 

is there a method to let the system calculate shipping cost by it self 

knowing that the shipping cost for 1 piece is 2.99 $ 

and for 2 pieces is 3.99$ 

3 pieces is 4.99$ ... etc 

I wish my question is clear 

Thanks in advance 

Yazan 

0 Likes
Lizzy
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 142

Hey, Yazan!

My name is Lizzy and I’m from the support team at Shopify.

There are a few different ways you can set something like this up depending on where your store is located!

If your products will all cost around the same amount to ship, you can set up weight based rates to charge your customers based on how many items they've ordered. For example, Product A costs $3 to ship. You can set Product A to be 10 grams, then you can build a weight based shipping option for any order that weighs 10 - 20 grams to cost $3. Then you can create a shipping option for 20 -30 grams that costs $6 and so on. This page in our help center explains more about weight based shipping rates.  Using weight based rates, you can build shipping rules for different locations using Shipping Zones. This gives you the option to charge different amounts based on your customer's location.

Alternatively you can include the cost of shipping each item in the product price and offer free shipping to your customers. This can sometimes increase conversions as customers feel like they're getting a deal! Using the same example above, if Product A costs $10, instead of charging your customers $10, you can charge them $13 and offer free shipping. Every time they add another product to the cart, they'll be paying the shipping cost that has been included in the price.

If you'll be shipping from the US or Canada, you can use Shopify Shipping to set up calculated rates on your store. This will automatically calculate how much shipping will be based on your address, the customer's address and the weight of their order. This page here has some more information about how Shopify Shipping works

If you're not based in either of those countries, but are still interested in calculated shipping, we do offer a third party calculated shipping add on. You can read more about how that works here. It connects to services like UPS and Fedex as well as several third party shipping apps. It is included in the Advanced plan, or available for $20 a month on other plans. The feature is also included for free on any annual plan. Both calculated shipping options also work with Shipping Zones.

I hope one of these options works for your business! Please let me know if you have any questions at all about what I've said.

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

YazanBdair
Excursionist
20 0 2

Hi Lizzy,

Thanks for your answer

when I follow the steps on video at shopify help center

I faced a new problem

my shipping options according to  (Price based rates) are :

Ordinary Shipping (35-45) days 1.99 $ (As Photo)

Express Shipping (19-27) days 3.99 $   (As Photo)

1.png

and shipping options according to (Weight based rates) are: 

Heavy parcels Free shipping (As Photo above )

light parcels 1.99$                   (As Photo above )

at the check out page ( act as a customer) There are 3 options for shipping is appeared (As Photos below ) 

but actually I don't want my customer to see that I talk in consideration the weight of parcel at the shipping cost 

2.png3.png

I want this to be for me only 

I wish my reply is clear 

Thanks 

0 Likes
Lizzy
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 142

Hey, Yazan.

You're welcome!

I just wanted to double check, did you mean that you don't want them to see the terms Light and Heavy for the shipping options, or that you'd prefer they didn't see those rates at checkout at all?

If it is the first, you can change the customer facing name with your shipping options! This title here will be what Customers see, you'll just need to make sure that doesn't show anything to do with weight, and the customer's won't know. You'll be able to see on the back end that this is the lighter or heavier weight option based on the weight you've assigned to it. 

If you'd prefer that your customers don't see these weight based rates at all, you'll need to remove them from your shipping options. Anything that is included in the shipping section will appear if a customer places an order which it applies to. If you need to keep track of these shipping terms for your reference it may be best to keep them in a spreadsheet or page on your site, which isn't linked to your storefront.

Does this help to solve the issue you're seeing? Let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you,

Lizzy

0 Likes
YazanBdair
Excursionist
20 0 2

Sure, I don't want Customer to see Heavy Goods Shipping and Light goods shipping 

I just want my customer to see that I have only Tow shipping methods ( Ordinary shipping and Express Shipping ) 

I want to let check out system to understand that if customer order more than 2 pieces add 1$ to shipping cost 

for ( Ordinary shipping and Express Shipping ) 

is there a solution to link (Price based rates) and (Weight based rates) to each other and customer see only price based rates options 

Thanks 

0 Likes
Lizzy
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 142

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for the clarification Yazan! 

Using the built in shipping options, you would need to delete the rates to have them not appearing at the checkout when an order qualifies for them. There isn't a way to link price based rates and weight based rates together within the admin. That being said, you can set up either to add onto the shipping cost depending on how many items are in the cart. If your products will all be a similar price, you can set a higher shipping rate for a higher cart total, if not you can set up weights in your products to match up with a weight based shipping system that adds a $1 on for each product added in the way I explained above.

There are also several third party shipping apps that can give you more complex shipping abilities. I'll link a few below that will give you the option to charge shipping per product. These will require you to have the Third Party Calculated shipping feature that I mentioned in my first post to be able to send rates to your checkout.

Advanced Shipping Rules

Intuitive Shipping

Better Shipping

Bespoke Shipping

Will this help with the set up that you're looking to create?

Lizzy

YazanBdair
Excursionist
20 0 2

Thanks a lot 

that what I need

0 Likes
Lizzy
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 142

You're very welcome. I'm glad I was able to help out!

Lizzy