Shipping cost from dropshipper vendors

Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi, I’m about to launch the website and we trial and error for the shipping now.
As we do the dropshipper for all the product, we found one problem with the shipping cost. All the product that the customer buy from us, the shipping cost is calculated from our home office in Florida. And some of the dropshipper companies are outside from Florida. When the customer check out they will get the shipping cost calculation from our home office, in fact there isn’t, the shipping cost is from other state which make the big gap in shipping cost. Sometimes it could be double price. My question are, is it possible that every time the customer check out, the shopify can trace which vendor is it and calculated base on the vendors address? Because we also use multiple vendors.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3078 232 506

Hi @DD051971,

Nick here from Shopify. 

I'm wondering if the Locations feature will work for you here. Locations lets you set up multiple locations in your Shopify store so that you can track inventory and fulfill orders at your locations where different dropshippers can be different locations. 

Once you have locations set up you can assign each location to a certain dropshipper and you can fulfill orders based on the location of your inventory. You can find out more about order management with locations from the help guide Shopify created about it here and the YouTube tutorial about it below:

Something to note with locations is that with each Shopify plan there are a certain amount of locations for each. You can see which plans have what number of locations from the screenshot:

19-06-i7fgq-rnku3

Shopify has a very helpful guide on Locations which might be worth your time going through that you can find here

Once you have locations set up, you can adjust the shipping costs in your shipping settings based on the different locations they are being shipped from.

Hopefully, this helps! 

All the best, Nick 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes