Shipping cost per item

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3

I am trying to arrange my shipping costs so it is per item, as my site is a sort of a marketplace platform, my shipment costs are per item not per cart.

If a customer purchases 1 item from vendor A (20 Aed shipping) and one item from vendor B (20 Aed shipping)then the combined cost of shipping is 40Aed, however when i simulate this in the shopping cart it only shows as one shipping fee at 20 Aed. is there a way to change the shipping so that it is per item?

Even better if i could arrange so that if someone buys 2 items from vendor A then it would only need to be 20 Aed.

Thanks in advance,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
682 63 88

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @notinthemalls.

Elias here with Shopify Support. That's a great question!

You can create a separate shipping profile for each of your vendors, and not use a single general profile. With each vendor having their own shipping profile, it allows for combined rates at checkout when a customer purchases from separate vendors/shipping profiles. Since each shipping profile has their own set of shipping rates, this allows your customers to buy multiple items from the same vendor and their order will be subject to the same rate(s). For example, if a customer purchases two items from the same shipping profile with a $20 flat shipping rate, the customer will be able to pay $20 to ship one or more items. 

Alternatively, there are third-party apps that can apply separate shipping rates for each product or a group of products, such as Better Shipping or Advanced Shipping Rules. If you need any help with these apps, you always reach out to the developers through the contact information found in the Support section of their app's page. 

Let me know if this is what you're looking for?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, I am having a different issue with my shipping settings on shopify but am just having a really hard time getting in contact with anyone from shopify. I cant call the phone number anymore and have trouble when using the 24/7 support page. Hopefully you can help or get me to someone that can because I am ready to open my store to my potntial customers but cant until I fix a couple of issues.

My first issue is deleting a duplicate shipping option (buy 2 receive free shipping), i have this option listed twice with different wording as i did this when experimenting with page setup. I know i am supposed to go to setting, shipping, manage, and then click the 3 dots to edit. When i click the dots though nothing happens.

Second issue is that on the desktop version of my site i cannot add items to my cart. I click add to cart and my cart says empty, though it says "quantity 1'. I have attached a screenshot. On the mobile version however i have no issue getting right to the shipping page

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 10.29.52 AM.png

I greatly appreciate any help you can provide thanks!!

Ashley:)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
86 4 19

Hey @notinthemalls,

From what you're describing, @Elias' suggestion of using Shopify's shipping profiles will get your shipping calculated properly. To save time sorting your products to their respective Shopify shipping profiles, we recommend using Automate Shipping Profiles. Our automation engine accurately bulk sorts your products into the proper profile so you can avoid shipping mishaps.

If you have any questions, please reach out to our team at support@intuitiveshipping.com - we're always happy to help

Warm regards,
Sharon 

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
682 63 88

Hey, @TAEMM11.

Thanks for joining the thread!

We've switched over to a callback system, so that our merchants can spend less time on-hold and more on their store. You can request a callback, join us in a live chat, or send us a message on Twitter or by email right on our Support page.

Simply log into your account and you'll be prompted to search a topic. After searching a topic, a button to get further support will appear right under the resources from our Help Center. We also have a guide to help you with that here.

Both of these issues are quite unusual - After clicking the three dots, are you not seeing an option to delete the shipping rate?

23-51-0tc3d-gmqgc

Do both of these issues persist on a different desktop? So that we can take a look at your cart, can you share your store URL?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes