Shipping cost

Highlighted
Explorer
51 0 9

Hello guys,

I want to see clear picture of my profits. I would like to know about shipping charges in Shopify store. Shipping charges are AED 15.

1. We give free delivery above AED 250. Does cost include shipping charges from such orders?

2. When we receive returns, does it deducts the shipping cost automatically? As we have to pay the shipping cost in this scenario.

Waiting for your reply,

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
429 47 96

Hey, @Shopey 

I'm happy to answer these questions for you today.

1. Free delivery thresholds (Ex. free shipping on order over $250) are based on the sub-total of the cart. This is BEFORE taxes and shipping costs are introduced. If you have 4 products in the cart that each cost $60 each. The sub-total is $240 which does not qualify for free shipping.

2. When you return/refund customers, you determine how much you are going to refund them from the Admin. 

When you create the return label for them, you are charged for it once the label gets scanned at the carriers facility. So if you want the customer to pay for shipping on the return, you would want to not fully refund their order. 

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
51 0 9

Hi @Dirk,

Thank you so much for your response. 

I thinking my questions were not clear. 

1. I was asking for the orders above 250 (those orders qualify for free shipping). My question was does shipping cost in the finance summary includes this cost as well? As it shows delivery charges for that order.

2. Second question is about the order cancellation. Like we offer cash on delivery facility also. Some customers refuse to receive the parcels. But we have to pay the shipping fees to the company that's 15 AED. When this happens, we simply select "cancel" which results in restocking those items. I want to know that while we cancel this order, shipping fee is deducted also or not? If not, then is there any option available for it?

Waiting for your response.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes