Shipping emails

Highlighted
2 0 0

I offer a Buy & Collect option on my store where the customer can pick up their order from the store if they are local. How can I send them a different email to let them know that the order is ready to collect. All the emails say 'your order has been shipped' which is confusing for the customer?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
893 72 209

I think you could achieve this by editing the Shipping confirmation email in Settings > Notifications.

Use liquid conditional tags to send different content for orders that will be collected vs shipped orders.

For example:

{% if order.tags contains "collect" %}
EMAIL CONTENT FOR ORDERS THAT WILL BE PICKED UP
{% else %}
EMAIL CONTENT FOR REGULAR SHIPPING NOTIFICATION
{% endif %}

To make that work, set it up so orders where customers select pickup, the order gets tagged "collect". I'm assuming the app you're using for buy / collect can do that. If not I have an app that can add the tags if you don't have a solution for automatically adding them.

If you're not familiar with liquid (for editing your email templates), you can learn more and see the variables here: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/liquid/basics.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool specifically for Shopify sites).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes