Shipping from China

Eric60
2 0 1

Hello mates,

I've been preparing to launch my store and got some questions on shipping. My products are made per order and have a typical waiting time for roughly 6 weeks. While it is made by a contracted manufacture in China, I'd like to utilize the factory also as my dropshipper. (I've reached out to other dropshipper, and they typically need 3 units per item to begin) 

While the factory is willing to work with me, but they also don't want to reveal their information/address. So the options of Fedex, or UPS is out, because they will need to show where the products are picked up. 

I've contacted forwarder for solutions, and they claim it is doable for the shipping order to show my company's name as well as my address. However, it is one route that I'm kind of shaky about since customer return may be a problem. 

I'm reaching out to fellow memebers for a better solution, or any directions to find my answers! 

Cheers!

Eric

Anindo
Shopify Partner
553 1 20

I think this can be achieved with FedEx. FedEx has an option of allowing to use third party account for charging the cost of shipping to a third party. Now, you can show your address to the label but charge the factory's FedEx account as a third party. This is definitely doable and with a little tweak in the Multi Carrier Shipping label app, this can be easily achieved.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
ruth15272
2 0 0

Hi,

This is Ruth from KMS logistics, which is a professional shipping forwarder with more than 20 years shipping experience in China. We have office in HK, Shenzhen and DongGuan.

Our Main service includes:
> International express shipping, like DHL, TNT, FEDEX, UPS, etc
> Air & Ocean Shipping(CIF,DDU,DDP)
>FBA
>Inland trucking/Origin Certification

We can provide pick-up, customs clearance for you in China, and arrange air & ocean shipping as per your request. usually door to door service. pls let us know if you need. my email address is: Ruth@kms-logistics.com
0 Likes
VitaF
Shopify Partner
64 1 3

Hi Eric!

Are there any alternative dropshippers for the product? As you mentioned, you might run into trouble with handling returns and that will result in unhappy customers. In fact, having a clear return policy in place is very important as a lot of customers are looking into it before deciding whether to complete a purchase or not.

Another thing that you should consider adding to keep customer happy is order tracking. So hopefully you will find a partner who is happy to help you out in terms of returns as well as tracking possibilities.

As I’m not aware, which products your store is selling, I cannot give you any further advice as of now. But perhaps you will find some of these drop shipping apps helpful.

I hope you will be able to find a solution to this soon!

Helpcenterapp
0 Likes