Shipping from USA to Africa

Solved
Tourist
11 0 2

Hi! I had a potential customer email me asking if we ship to South Africa. I wanted to double to check to make sure South Africa was one of the countries in the dropdown menu at checkout so I could just give instructions on how to change the country from the default USA to South Africa. But, I was surprised that it actually wasn't there at all. So I checked other Africa countries and they were not listed either. Is it not possible for folks in Africa to purchase from Shopify sites? Is there an app to add that would allow them to check out? I ended up just telling the customer that I can invoice them directly, but that really is a complicated way of fulfilling orders. Am I just missing something? Or is Africa on a "no ship list." 

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
553 36 77

Hi, there.

Dallas here from the Social Care Team at Shopify.

By the sounds of it, you haven't added Africa as a shipping option in your Settings. I checked the steps on my test store and I still see Africa as an option. However, you have to enable them for them to show up in your checkout.

To do that you can go your Store Admin and click on Settings > Shipping to get to the shipping area.

18-46-ttst7-o68nt

From there you'll click on Add Shipping Rate under the section Shipping Rates at Checkout.

18-47-jmdyb-qya17

From there you'll need to name the shipping option, choose the countries that are applicable, and set up either weight-based rates or price-based rates. This link will give you more information on the different options.

If you're planning on selling to more countries in Africa then I suggest you make a group called "Africa" so that it includes all of the countries rather than having to repeat your actions a whole bunch of times. That would only be if the shipping rates aren't astronomically different. I suggest that because it'll really just make it much simpler for you to deal with in the long run when you're looking at all of your shipping settings, rather than having to scroll continuously.

Under countries and regions will be where you'll find all of the African countries for you to choose from.

18-51-z61g8-90ozn

Does that help to answer your question?

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 2

Yep! That was totally it! Thank you! 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
553 36 77

Fabulous! I'm so happy to hear that that worked for you. 

If you have any other questions at all please don't hesitate to let me know. 

Best, 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes