Shipping method text change

Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 1

Hello,

I have a new website that does not require any shipping. It is for *Pickup products only*. This is because it's a vehicle rental company and pick up / drop off is on site.

Where at checkout it says "shipping method" I would like to change this text to something like "Please provide your home address & number" and the following page saying something like "My details" instead of the "Shipping method" text. Is this possible?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
259 3 60

Hi, Andre!

Lisa here from the Shopify Support Team.

Yes, this is possible to change the default text on your site. You can change the language of the site under Online Store > Themes > Language. From here you can do a search for the phrase you want to edit. Here's a document on how to change the default text on your theme

Please keep in mind that often customer's shipping/pick up address is different to their billing address for their credit card, so take care when changing this text. 

As far as configuring your settings for the rental service, you have a couple different ways you can set up your products (rental virtual product) to require pick up. 

1. You can untick 'product requires shipping' on the product page when you set up your rental listing. That way customers will not be offered shipping methods at checkout. Instead, you can ask for pick up / drop off address either a) on the product page, or b) In the cart page. Here's a tutorial on how to add additional forms customers will have to fill out for their pick up / drop off information. If you're not comfortable coding, you can use a free app to request this information from renters.

2. Another option would be to add "pick up" as a custom shipping option that applies to all orders. You can set the shipping tier to equal any order over $0.00 so this option will apply to all orders. Here's an example of how to set this up

You may also want to include cart notes because of the intricate details of a rental service. Learn how to enable cart notes here.

Just in case you need it, check out this scheduling app for rental booking services. 

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions. 

- Lisa 

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like