Solved

Shipping not available for the selected address

Danielnz
Excursionist
34 0 17

I've set up all my shipping zones and price conditions but when I check out I get the error:

"Shipping not available for the selected address"

The address entered is covered by the zones. I've just opened my store and customers are reporting the same error, so they can't complete their orders.

I'm using the Debut theme. No products have weights attached. Help!

Accepted Solution (1)

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Danielnz!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify. Sorry to hear about the shipping challenges there! I'd be happy to help here.

With our Shipping Profiles, if you have the rates set up so that they depend 100% on the price of the items in total in the cart instead of weight, I recommend taking a peek at your settings under Settings > Shipping > Shipping Profiles and make sure that you've got all possible cart totals covered.

What I mean is that all cart totals from $0.00 to unlimited have rates assigned to them. For more details on the steps to checking this, you can refer to the step by step shipping rate set up guide.

Since you don't have any weights assigned to your products, any weight-based rates will fail and not show up at checkout either. Have a peek to make sure all your weight profile rates are based on price only.

Once you've confirmed the rates cover the prices or weights at checkout and the regions, the second thing I would check is to check those carts that have been abandoned and test the addresses out. If your customer has entered their address information and abandoned the cart due to not being able to complete the order at shipping, you can access those exact carts under Orders > Abandoned Checkouts.

On this page, you can see if a shipping rate was chosen or not under the Checkout Details section. See screenshot below on what it would look like:

alt

If you don't see an address on the right side, the customer didn't get past the address page so they wouldn't have got to the shipping stage. If there is an address and you don't see a shipping rate chosen as seen in the screenshot above, I'd recommend testing to make sure the address is typed in the following regions' postal guidelines. You can find those in the postal or carrier website related to your set up.

I'd like to help you out further. However, I've got limited details in your post. Once you've done the above, please let me know here and include your site URL so we can have a look at your checkout and test some addresses. Just as a note, thank you for not posting your customer's address here, this information is private so we can test this out with you over secure email should the above troubleshooting doesn't work.

Can you also confirm if you have specific countries or regions that you ship to?

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 43 (43)

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Danielnz!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify. Sorry to hear about the shipping challenges there! I'd be happy to help here.

With our Shipping Profiles, if you have the rates set up so that they depend 100% on the price of the items in total in the cart instead of weight, I recommend taking a peek at your settings under Settings > Shipping > Shipping Profiles and make sure that you've got all possible cart totals covered.

What I mean is that all cart totals from $0.00 to unlimited have rates assigned to them. For more details on the steps to checking this, you can refer to the step by step shipping rate set up guide.

Since you don't have any weights assigned to your products, any weight-based rates will fail and not show up at checkout either. Have a peek to make sure all your weight profile rates are based on price only.

Once you've confirmed the rates cover the prices or weights at checkout and the regions, the second thing I would check is to check those carts that have been abandoned and test the addresses out. If your customer has entered their address information and abandoned the cart due to not being able to complete the order at shipping, you can access those exact carts under Orders > Abandoned Checkouts.

On this page, you can see if a shipping rate was chosen or not under the Checkout Details section. See screenshot below on what it would look like:

alt

If you don't see an address on the right side, the customer didn't get past the address page so they wouldn't have got to the shipping stage. If there is an address and you don't see a shipping rate chosen as seen in the screenshot above, I'd recommend testing to make sure the address is typed in the following regions' postal guidelines. You can find those in the postal or carrier website related to your set up.

I'd like to help you out further. However, I've got limited details in your post. Once you've done the above, please let me know here and include your site URL so we can have a look at your checkout and test some addresses. Just as a note, thank you for not posting your customer's address here, this information is private so we can test this out with you over secure email should the above troubleshooting doesn't work.

Can you also confirm if you have specific countries or regions that you ship to?

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Damonhs
Visitor
1 0 0

My site

Snappytoes.com

I can not get anything past the shipping stage. Address not recognized 

I have completed all of the above any sudjested 

Joker03
Visitor
1 0 0

Thank you, finally did it, after almost 2 hours of trying to figure out why shipping was not available anywhere!

Outdoorsman87
Visitor
2 0 0

Have similar problem need help

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hi, @Outdoorsman87!

Thanks for getting in touch.

Please review the Accepted solution above for the troubleshooting steps that you can review. Be sure to keep in mind all of the details associated with your shipping profiles, and rates. If you are still having issues, kindly get in touch with our team through the Help Center. Ask the chat assistant to contact support and it'll guide you with your next steps on how to connect with a team member. From there, we can take a closer look.

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 

Dani_T
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi,

I am having this issue on one product only in on the website.

Have checked all above and still not fixed. 

Can you please help with this as losing customers because of it.

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hi, @Dani_T

We understand the urgency here.

Since you reviewed the Accepted Solution, we will need to access your account to gather more information. However, please note that we are unable to provide account-specific support through the Community Forums. But don't worry! We would be more than happy to continue assisting you through our Help Center. To access our live support, you can ask the Virtual Shopify Assistant to "contact support." It will guide you on the next steps to connect with a team member who can provide further assistance tailored to your account.

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 

maibslash
Visitor
2 0 1

I need help with my website. So I tried to test payments, once i was in the check out it said I could not ship in the country I tested but I placed almost all countries in my shipping zone. How can I ship on the countries I placed on the zones I choose, the rate and country is there but it`s not working.

ScubaSteve
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having difficulty with the integrated Shopify - Canada Post application in shopify. My rates work perfectly if I specify them manually. However, no addresses are "valid" if I use the Canada Post option for postage which is integrated in the shopify shipping settings. I assume it is best to use shopify rates as they have some great discounts but I cannot seem to get this to work. There is no weight or price option for the Canada Post rate option as I assume it has to be by weight. Please help me asap!!!!

Lylefk
Excursionist
15 0 1

Hi, did you ever get resolution on this? I'm intermittently getting the same error. When I check out on my computer or phone I get the correct rate failure message, but others see what you got. Thanks and good luck if not!

SociallyUnique
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi there!

I am getting the same errors. It's so frustrating. Some international locations work, but when I try "South Africa" as an example, it says "We don’t offer shipping to South Africa." I went back to my shipping and I have the rest of the world selected, and South Africa is included, so not sure why I am getting this error?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

kaitlin@arcpromedia.com

Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 8.43.03 PM.png

themooncrystal
Tourist
6 0 4

I am with the same problem.

Can anyone help with this? I already set up the countries, not sure what else its missing. 

I use printful products to.

Anindita
Shopify Partner
675 34 95

Hi @themooncrystal 

I guess you have to configure your Shopify market. This is done by selecting "Add Markets" from within the Markets settings. You can check out this thread with similar query. To resolve it accurately you can also contact Shopify live chat support: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/chat 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping

MichaelMadrid
Visitor
1 0 0

Getting the same error just started yesterday out of nowhere. 

I'm using Printful Live rates. It's been working fine for 2 years

I modified 1 product to not use Printful just to show out of stock but this error is happening to other products not the one I modified?

ilovedoodle
Visitor
2 0 7

I didn't modify anything. Buyers complained that they getting this message when checking out for the last few hours.
"This order can’t be shipped to your location. Contact the store for more information."
I'm using printful Live shipping rate too. Been working great with no problem for a few years. Please solve this ASAP!

NicNoc
Visitor
1 0 0

Are you still having the same issues? I am new to Shopify and I am test the checkout and I am getting the message and I cannot work out why?

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

@NicNoc have you set up any apps that work with shipping? Our team would be more than happy to dive into the account with you to check what's happening there.

I'd recommend contacting us to help review your settings and make sure that we can help you quicker.

Our live support (chat and callbacks), as well as our email and our social media support, is available 24/7. 

MonsterMawd
Excursionist
27 0 61

This is 2nd time this glitch has happened to our store. 

Customers are unaware that Shopify does global update and that disables your Shipping rates. You are then forced to delete and re-enter the Shipping rates, but you don't know this until you've invested (wasted) time testing the store checkout and researching the issue. 

We get message from a kind customer that cannot checkout and they share this message, "Shipping not available for the selected address" or "Some items in your cart don’t ship to your location"

This is lingering glitch is a result of poor quality control by Shopify's team of Coders.

We suffer by

1. Losing customer transactions during this problem.

2. Our time is taken away from processing orders to research the issue and fix it.

LaurelK
Visitor
2 0 4

I found this thread when dealing with basically this exact issue.

For anyone who read the "Solution" but are still experiencing the problem, here is what my issue turned out to be:

If you have multiple locations set up, and you set up different shipping profiles to deal with them, make sure that your locations and your shipping profiles match!

Example: I have Location A (default) and Location B, and have made Shipping Profile A (General Shipping) and Shipping Profile B to deal with them.

I have a handful of products in Location B, so I go to Shipping Profile B and select "Manage Product" and search for & select them from the list. Great! All my price conditions are perfect, good to go.

Except for Product BBC, whose location was accidentally set as Location A! So the shopping cart saw it was marked in Shipping Profile B for Location B, but didn't find any Product BBC under Location B, and so it threw up an error because it didn't know what to do.

I don't know if this will solve everyone's problem, but that was mine and now I'm not getting the error anymore.

ShmancyDesigns
Tourist
3 0 3

The fix for me was this.  I uninstalled the printify app within shopify.  Instant fix.  Store is still connected from shopify, no more unable to ship problem.

savelam
Visitor
1 0 0

What worked for me was that I removed the rates and added them back.

dsmith81
Visitor
1 0 0

But did you have Printify Items still on your store after removing the app ?

ShmancyDesigns
Tourist
3 0 3

I figured out what my problem was. I don't know if its the same for you.  At some point Shopify or Printify stopped allowing the automated shipping rate calculation for basic teir (the 29/mo one)  So now you have to put in the shipping rates manually.  I don't know when they did that because a few months ago all my stuff would auto calculate with the basica shopify account but now they don't. Now you have to pay for the 79/mo store for them to auto calculate shipping rates with printify.  Honestly just seems like a money grab to me but there it is.

If you're using the basic membership you have to manually enter shipping rates with printify. There's tutorials on how to do it I ended up just using a flat rate, but either way its a pain in the butt.

amberb31
Visitor
1 0 2

I was having this issue and this was the cause:

All of my inventory was set to the address I had originally put in (mailing address) and it had defaulted to. I added a second address (fulfillment warehouse) and changed the default to that address but hadn't changed my inventory to that address. 

To fix I deactivated my original address, and when doing that it prompted me to set a destination for all of my inventory to go to, at which point I selected the fulfillment warehouse. 

Hope this helps someone!!

UKPreppingShop
Explorer
47 0 16

Hi

Im getting the same error and think it maybe to do with the 2 locations, so our unit or the fulfillment warehouse BUT not all items are at the warehouse so we set some to unit also, i think thats the issue but cant set all to warehouse as it will show zero stock with them so cant sell....its a nightmare must be some easy fix?

ozhotdeal
Excursionist
15 0 6

Hi everyone, i got the same problem but its solved. I had to delete and keep 1 location "ship from" so it works, make sure you set it same location that is set up in your product page. Good luck

thearcadeguys
9 0 0

Hi Lilith, we are having the same issue with our site, but it's only when the customer adds add-on items to their cart.  We currently have it set so that the shipping rate for the add-ons is free, since the customer will be charged the full shipping rate for the main product, and there is no additional shipping charge for the add-on.  Are we doing something incorrect?  The shipping zone is set to "The Rest of the World".  

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

@thearcadeguys  I think there might be a different app or situation happening here. Some add on apps will need some extra set up to work with specific shipping apps or settings. I'd recommend contacting us to help review your settings and make sure that we can help you quicker.

Our live support (chat and callbacks), as well as our email and our social media support, is available 24/7. 

SmartSolo
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello. try to make the shipping profile new. it worked for me like that. unfortunately i can't write in the chat so i took the time to write to you. best regards

billmc
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having the same problem. Get to checkout and add to the cart, then put in the shipping address and I get a message stating "shipping not available for this address. What am I doing wrong? I only dropship products. What do I need to do to get this corrected?

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

@billmc This sounds like you may have a more specific and different situation. I'd recommend contacting our support team to help review your settings and make sure that we can help you quicker.

Our live support (chat and callbacks), as well as our email and our social media support, are available 24/7. 

stanky
Visitor
1 0 0

I FIXED THIS WITH AN EASY SOLUTION!!!

So I had shirts available that were supposed to be 5.5oz but instead I put 5.5lb. My shipping only allowed for things under 5lb to be shipped, so naturally it gave them an error. DOUBLE CHECK THIS PEOPLE! It may seem obvious, but it was an error I had not noticed, and you may not have either

fitnessboozt
Excursionist
36 0 5

Hi Lilith i need your help with shipping setup. im getting shipping not avaliable for the selected adress message during checkout. 

fitnessboozt
Excursionist
36 0 5

Glamour
Visitor
3 0 0

Mine says the same thing to some customers! I have a lot of people leave behind abandoned carts because Of it and can’t figure out the problem HELP!!!

DKtrFit
Visitor
1 0 0

If anyone still has this problem, here's what worked for me. Certain apps will import the product but not shipping settings. Even though your shipping profiles may list ALL of your products the shipping is not truly assigned to ALL of your products. This is why some people said that it worked for them AFTER they deleted and re-did all of their shipping settings. I noticed for me that some of my products were fine with my shipping settings and some where not. The products that I added through Dropified were the ones showing that I "do not deliver to the address". I created a whole other shipping profile for Dropified imported products and my issue was resolved. Another thing that I was looking into from the Shopify help videos is what happens when you set conditions that do not include all possible values of a purchase. Be aware of that too, when you set conditions either weight or price be sure to cover the gambit of possibilities through your conditions (i.e. 0-50 free shipping and 50.01- no limit this amount of $ for shipping). Hope this helps someone. 🙂

Jaskaran6919
Visitor
1 0 2

I got the same problem earlier, but now it is solved.

Make sure you set shipping rates from the same location that is set up in your product page. 
On your product page settings, you will find ‘ship from’ location.

kurjeg
4 0 0

In fact, if the country of delivery is not included in the area of operation of your delivery service, it will be quite problematic to arrange high-quality delivery with a guarantee at minimal cost...although nothing is impossible, right? I sometimes need products from the Chinese market. Online stores are useful when buying home goods and lighting equipment. I've looked at websites many times, and it's the Chinese sites that attract me the most, where there are excellent LED strips and other stuff. And I usually track the delivery using yanwen post track to make sure that everything happens as I plan B-)

jlcurby
Visitor
1 0 1

Hey all,

Just another quick check to do which had me stumped for days for a bunch of my products. When you create your location in the Locations tab, make sure Shopify can verify the address as a complete and acceptable address.

I had just put a generic city for one of my online only locations as those rates were an acceptable estimate for my low shipping costs. But Shopify didn't like that and I was not aware, so the final calculations were never done (from multiple third party shipping apps set for that location). I continued to get 'not available' UNTIL I had a proper verified address within the system for the source locations address.

Good luck!

jaclyn_oconnell
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having the same issue currently with one of our customers with the same error message. All items have the same weight and shipping rate. Also no other customer is having this issue, only this one customer. Any insight as to why?

Seallie
Visitor
3 0 0

Same, hopefully we'll find out why soon

Seallie
Visitor
3 0 0

I just changed the market and put the old one back right after (Canadian to US to Canadian) and it worked for me. 

Outdoorsman87
Visitor
2 0 0

Can someone help me with this same problem