Shipping not available for the selected address

8 0 0

I've set up all my shipping zones and price conditions but when I check out I get the error:

"Shipping not available for the selected address"

The address entered is covered by the zones. I've just opened my store and customers are reporting the same error, so they can't complete their orders.

I'm using the Debut theme. No products have weights attached. Help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
138 15 19

Hey, @Danielnz!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify. Sorry to hear about the shipping challenges there! I'd be happy to help here.

With our Shipping Profiles, if you have the rates set up so that they depend 100% on the price of the items in total in the cart instead of weight, I recommend taking a peek at your settings under Settings > Shipping > Shipping Profiles and make sure that you've got all possible cart totals covered.

What I mean is that all cart totals from $0.00 to unlimited have rates assigned to them. For more details on the steps to checking this, you can refer to the step by step shipping rate set up guide.

Since you don't have any weights assigned to your products, any weight-based rates will fail and not show up at checkout either. Have a peek to make sure all your weight profile rates are based on price only.

Once you've confirmed the rates cover the prices or weights at checkout and the regions, the second thing I would check is to check those carts that have been abandoned and test the addresses out. If your customer has entered their address information and abandoned the cart due to not being able to complete the order at shipping, you can access those exact carts under Orders > Abandoned Checkouts.

On this page, you can see if a shipping rate was chosen or not under the Checkout Details section. See screenshot below on what it would look like:

alt

If you don't see an address on the right side, the customer didn't get past the address page so they wouldn't have got to the shipping stage. If there is an address and you don't see a shipping rate chosen as seen in the screenshot above, I'd recommend testing to make sure the address is typed in the following regions' postal guidelines. You can find those in the postal or carrier website related to your set up.

I'd like to help you out further. However, I've got limited details in your post. Once you've done the above, please let me know here and include your site URL so we can have a look at your checkout and test some addresses. Just as a note, thank you for not posting your customer's address here, this information is private so we can test this out with you over secure email should the above troubleshooting doesn't work.

Can you also confirm if you have specific countries or regions that you ship to?

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes