Shipping options for perishable goods

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

I've seen a ton of similar requests but no solutions to this dilemma. 

• We sell perishable and non-perishable products
  • We’re connected with UPS real time rates
  • All perishable products ordered beyond xxx miles of our store’s location cannot be shipped UPS ground. So we need a rule setup to hide UPS Ground for all perishable orders beyond 200 miles.
  • The site is ready to go live and this is holding us from launching the site.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
25 0 2

Hi Bob, 

Josh here from Shopify.  To set up something like this I would recommend using a customer Shipping app like ShippingEasy or Bespoke Shipping. Both apps allow you to setup custom shipping rules which should solve your dilemma.  

Best, 

Josh S. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Bob, 

Did you find a solution to your issue? I am dealing with the exact same issues right now.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
47 0 13

Hello Logan! Paul here, from the Guru team.

I would recommend checking out the Better Shipping App - https://apps.shopify.com/better-shipping

It allows you to set shipping rates on a per product basis so you could distinguish between perishable and non-perishable goods, as well as setting delivery zones for these goods in order to limit how far away the customer can be. Definitely have a look at it and I think you'll see it offers what you need!

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out. :)

Cheers,

Paul

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I was able to put together a perishible shipping solution together for a customer that ships steaks simular to what Omaha Steak company does with a creative packaging solution and working with UPS shipping transit times.  Depending on your products and location this could work for you.   You can contact me at jerry.ward@mainocean.com if you want to discuss. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

Using the Multi Carrier Shipping label app you can create shipping rules for fulfilling such a scenario. You can create shipping zones that have postcode ranges. All perishable products can be marked as 'Perishable' by using the 'Product Type' field. Then you can create a rule that shows UPS Ground for Product Type 'Perishable' when Shipping zone is as per your requirement. This should solve your problem.

For example : Assign a rule to show UPS Ground for Perishable Product Type products when Shipping zone is Outskirts-Atlanta (contains postcode ranges of 200 mile diameter).

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes