Shipping options

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello there.

I have spent a lot of time to search answers to my questions but im so confused right now and asking your help.

I cant get how shipping works. Because on some suppliers there are 5 shipping methods. Which one will be chosen when customer will buy something from my shop?

I will sell items on USA and Europe I am wondering if I set default shipping method in oberlo under settings as China Post Air Mail (which is free shipping in most cases) and customer is from USA and supplier have epacket options (that in this case is free too) will they automatically use fastest shipping option if its possible? So the main question is if there are more free shipping options from suplier will they choose fastest to my customer? And how to set this up in shopofy settings and oberlo settings ?

Hope you get idea.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 1 44

Hi, Mike. 

Leon here from Shopify Support, Thank you for reaching out!

For items on Oberlo that are supplied by Oberlo Supply, most have ePacket shipping options available, so that will be the chosen shipping method for those orders. Products that are supplied by AliExpress through Oberlo do have more shipping options, but you can set up preferred shipping methods for those products in the Oberlo app.

ePacket Shipping is the recommended method for items coming from China, since China Post EMS can take a month or longer to arrive, whereas ePacket generally takes 10-20 days for USA orders, and similar or slightly longer for other countries usually at the same price, or a low shipping price that you could add to the product cost. You can read more about using ePacket in this blog post

If you choose products which offer ePacket shipping, make sure you set up preferred shipping methods in the Oberlo App and fulfil using Chrome with the Oberlo Chrome extension to ensure your preferences are applied to all orders. You can select only products which offer ePacket or faster shipping methods by filtering the products in the Oberlo App as shown here

When it comes to setting up the shipping rates that your customers will be charged in your store, you can set that up any way you'd like in the Shopify admin under Settings > Shipping. Many merchants offer free shipping and include the ePacket/ EMS shipping cost from Oberlo in the product price as a way to ensure they're recovering all shipping costs, and reduce checkout price-shock for customers. If you'd prefer to charge for shipping, you can set those rates up by following this guide for weight-based rates, or this guide for price-based rates

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out by posting below. 

Cheers,

Leon

@ShopifySupport

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I wanted to know what will happend if i choose default shipping method as ePacket, but aliexpress suplier don't have ePacket shipping. Which shipping method will me used ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I wanted to know what will happend if i choose default shipping method as ePacket, but aliexpress suplier don't have ePacket shipping. Which shipping method will me used ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 1 44

Hi, Mike. 

You will have the opportunity to see the shipping options available for each product when you add these products to your store using Oberlo. We do recommend that you only choose ePacket-eligible products to help with faster shipping times. 

If you have a product which does not offer ePacket shipping and a customer chooses a shipping option which promises a faster shipping time, you will need to communicate that information to your customer, as the other main option would be "China Post EMS" which can take a month or longer to arrive at the destination. There are additional options for most products on AliExpress like FedEx, but often times those cost more than the product you are purchasing. 

You are in complete control of the shipping methods your customers see. You can offer a single shipping method (ex: Standard Shipping) and add a note to your store that encompasses how long most, or all packages will take to arrive at their destination so customers have a clear expectation of shipping times. You can set up what your customers see for shipping options by setting up a price-based or weight-based shipping rate in Settings > Shipping. 

Cheers,

Leon

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

If i put a product on my webiste will the default shipping will be same from supplier if i dont touch the Shipping Settings from shopify?

0 Likes