Shipping policy

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi all, I am opening my first shopify store, and I am stuck at the shipping policy procedure. 

Can anyone maybe assist me on how to create a shipping policy or the steps I need to take to start writing a custom policy? I understand that shipping costs as well as delivery time of the product will differ from one customer to the next, but how do I incorporate this into my shipping policy?  

At this moment I plan to only do business with US, UK and EU customers. 

Thank you so much

Bernard94

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3089 233 507

Hi @Bernard94,

Nick here from Shopify. Great question!

I really like the idea of doing a shipping page/ policy and feel it makes potential customers feel the store is more legitimate and trustworthy as well as creating somewhere on your store to give valuable information about shipping. 

How and what you write for your shipping page/ policy really is up to you as it is different for every store and brand. Shopify's partner Oberlo wrote a blog post about some of the best shipping page templates which I think you might find useful. You can see it here. You can mention in your shipping page/ policy about the delivery time being different for customers and products. 

Hope this helps! 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes