Shipping price between shopify/printful/printify

Highlighted
3 0 1

Hey guys!

We just recently launched our online store and are super happy with the Shopify platform.   We did notice from our first sales that the shipping between Shopify and Printful was different.  After some research, I found that Shopify has a tool for sale that would help rectify this.  Two quick questions:

1) Is there also an issue with printify?  I assumed yes, but we only sell one item for them and haven't sold that yet.  If there is a shipping discrepancy, can it be rectified by the same tool?

2) Can someone link to it?  I read about it, closed out and now can't refind where I got the info from originally.

Thanks!

-Tim

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
681 71 102

Hey, @BroDownPro 

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Welcome to our Community!

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, Printify works the same way as Printful, and this discrepancy can be rectified by adding the Carrier Calculated Shipping feature to your store. 
  2. We have a Help Doc here about what other shipping benefits are available with the Carrier Calculated Rates feature.

Let me explain further to help you make the best decision for your business. The shipping discrepancy that you are seeing between Printful and Shopify is due to there being two shipping situations that are occurring with a Print-On-Demand business.

The first shipping situation is what your customers are paying for while going through your checkout. These shipping rates are set up by you in ‘Settings >Shipping’ from within your Shopify admin. You can choose to set manual rates, or to use calculated rates.

Manual rates are flat rates determined by the shipping zone, weight or the price of your customers order. Whereas calculated rates via Shopify Shipping, are live rates determined by many factors such as: shipping carrier, package size, item weight, shipping method, and distance. The distance factor is especially impactful here because it is calculated by the distance between your specified store location and your customer’s shipping address.

The second situation occurring in a Print-On-Demand business, is when you order the product for your customer from Printful. Printful uses calculated rates. The same factors are taken into consideration in calculating their live rates, however, the distance factor is going to be calculated by the distance from Printful’s warehouse to your customer’s shipping address. 

So as you can see, the shipping distance is a major factor in where the discrepancy lies. In order to accommodate for this and reduce any losses in shipping costs for both you and your customers, you can use Printful’s calculated rates. These live rates will be the options given to your customers on the shipping page of your checkout, and will automatically calculate the distance using Printful’s warehouse as the shipping origin, instead of your store location. 

As mentioned above, you will need to add the Carrier Calculated Shipping (CCS) feature to your store to use Printful’s live rates. There are three ways that you can add it:

When you decide how you would like to add Carrier Calculated Shipping, please contact live support to have a Guru turn on the feature for you, and guide you through applying the apps’ live rates to your store. For questions about the settings or functionalities of the apps, please contact the app developer directly.

Way to go on getting those first orders! How are you marketing your products?

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes