Shipping prices and rates based on location

lamirandestudio
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello, i was just wondering if there was a way to manage shipping rates based on location? Basically, if a supplier is located in Europe i would like the customer in Europe to receive a discounted shipping rate, however if someone in North America orders the same product from the Europe supplier this rate would change and be more expensive. Let me know if this makes sense or i can clarify further if needed. 

The only option i could see on basic shopify settings was managing group of customers. This would force them to sign up, not sure if i am comfortable with this.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Replies 2 (2)

Sharon-Reeds
Trailblazer
126 6 27

Hey @lamirandestudio,

Have you tried creating Shipping Profiles for each vendor, and then assigning the rates for each shipping zone? Shopify's shipping profiles allow you to assign different shipping costs based on product groups. To do this, you will want to:

1. Create a Shipping Profile for each of your Vendors
  2. Create your shipping costs within each profile for each shipping destination 

The Shipping Profiles Help Center gives you all of the information you need to get this configured, but a few quick notes that will help ensure things work properly: 

• Make sure you name your shipping rates in different profiles the same name so they blend together at checkout. If you give them separate names, each shipping rate will display separately and you will undercharge for shipping.
  • Keep in mind that Shopify's shipping profiles don't work properly if you have any tiered shipping rates (i.e. 1-2lbs is $5, 2.1-5lbs is $10). This is because they use the cart total to apply per profile, not the profile total. If you do tiers, you will be drastically overcharging for shipping. 
  • If you want to save the time of manually sorting your products into the proper Shopify shipping profile, you can use Automate Shipping Profiles to do this for you. This tutorial shows a multivendor setup and how to bulk sort your products 

I hope this helps!

Warm regards,
Sharon

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles

lamirandestudio
Visitor
3 0 0

Awesome! I will look into all of these options, automated is obviously better. Thanks Sharon